• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

24 minutes ago, Jace said:

its a little self tapper head you see in the small broken part. its that type of plastic that no glue works super well for. it will likely be my only option to repair it after a bit of a search

Can that be 3D printed?

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Here is the text for the foregoing two images:

Just finished rebuilding my 4th heater box.  Used to it now and kinda fun.

However, this time the experience was different, not because the box was different, but, rather, the removal and installation was more of a PIA than usual.  This box was removed from my '70 2002(ti pseudo, kindalike, wannabe).  Removal of the box from a '70 requires removal of the entire Bowden cables, levers, and assemblies from the back of the shiny Al face plates because the face plates are not removable (unless the dash is removed [ain't gonna do that]).  All of this is quite do-able but is really difficult and time-related.  Much of detaching/attaching cables and clips and clamps is done out of sight in the deep bowels of the dash.  On other year models, the face plates are removable and the job is much easier.

Several of you had told me of the impending difficulty, and you were correct.  

When did face plates become removable?  '71?  '72?

Regards,

Larry

• Like 1

I finish to connect the major electric connections to the starter switch, double checked everything took a deep breath and turn the key... I didn't know what a positif impact it would be to hear the fuel pump coming to live!!!!! The main coil disconnected not to start the engine, I cranked the starter... and wow it strarted to turn!!! Triple checked every corner of the car, no electric smell, no fire... so I continued cranking the engine to bring oil in that newly fully rebuilt engine and in the oil filter. Next step will be fuel in the tank and check every corner again for any fuel leak.

By the way is there a need to prime the fuel pump as the whole is empty? ...and how to do it?

The picture is my engine compartment with some "reminders" for my poor 63 Y.O. internal memory ;)

IMG_20210730_104000083.jpg

Edited by Toga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, 2002#3 said:

… When did face plates become removable?  '71?  '72?…

Hmm… probably with the switch from 3-piece to 2-piece dashboards, which occurred with the Modell 71 introduction (April 1971).

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Hi , I was there a few days ago, connecting that heating box I renewed a few month ago. If I may recommend that you check if the cable connections are fitting correctly (not to loose or impossible to fit in...)to the box terminals before you put it beck in the car...it's really pain in the a... to fix a not fitting connection with you head under the dash...