• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Been busy here with the project!  Still taking things apart in an effort to move forward. I ordered a body cart that finally came in so I was able to drop the front & rear subframes. I’ll be completely rebuilding and refreshing them with new paint, rubber, new shocks/struts and eventually new disc brakes all around. 

6346FBE7-6C68-4AB7-82DD-6AC7E4F89D6D.jpeg

965ACEED-410F-4150-A23D-D9D3E3792B16.jpeg

FE3E4F8D-52BD-444F-9006-40E415463E39.jpeg

3E9AE3FF-C64A-46EB-9D79-886467A70E10.jpeg

• Like 7

20 hours ago, M3Gonz said:

I ordered a body cart that finally came in

Where did you order the chassis dolly?   Looks like a good one.

Ed

• Like 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

corrected a poorly cut opening in my air cleaner. PO switched to a Weber 23/36 carb with the adapter. But they really mangled it, pounding the crap out of it and it still didn't fit over the adapter. I did my best to clean up the opening with a dremel tool. It fits over the flange. Now to figure out a gasket

before

aircleaner b4.jpg

after

aircleaner after.jpg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Eissmann said:

Now to figure out a gasket

I've had good luck using some rubber stock U channel stuff purchased from a seller on Epay. Seems weird but it makes a good seal and is cheap bought in10 foot lengths or something.  Have a lifetime supply. Good luck.

DSC_0383.JPG

From this thread.

• Thanks 1

Quick question for the Tii crowd. I have recently started a motor I rebuilt. The tuna can set up is good, ignition timing by ear, but sounds good at the tailpipe at 900 rpms when warming up. When the car gets warm the idle starts to surge about 300-400 rpms 900 to 1300ish pretty rhythmically. I have started and watched the engine warm up now a couple of days. My findings are that the surge starts when the warm up valve is nearly fully up. I’ve read to never touch the warm up valve as it is set at the factory and I will never get the car to run right if I do. I didn’t, but I bought the car not running. Question - does it sound like an issue with the warm up valve and is there any test I can do to confirm it?

10 hours ago, cdbeemin said:

Quick question for the Tii crowd. I have recently started a motor I rebuilt. The tuna can set up is good, ignition timing by ear, but sounds good at the tailpipe at 900 rpms when warming up. When the car gets warm the idle starts to surge about 300-400 rpms 900 to 1300ish pretty rhythmically. I have started and watched the engine warm up now a couple of days. My findings are that the surge starts when the warm up valve is nearly fully up. I’ve read to never touch the warm up valve as it is set at the factory and I will never get the car to run right if I do. I didn’t, but I bought the car not running. Question - does it sound like an issue with the warm up valve and is there any test I can do to confirm it?

From a basic stand point, sounds like the WUR is working as it should, as well as it's about the easiest thing to set up and test off the car.  Assuming that, the WUR richens the mixture.  As it turns off, the mixture leans out.  Sounds like your car is idling lean once it's warm.  WBo2 would confirm, and if you don't have one, you really need one- it's so much better just knowing.  That could be in the tuna can just for the idle, or it could be the main mixture screw on the pump if it's lean everywhere. (WBo2...)

And pro'ly ought to get one of Tom's @'76mintgrün'02 recommended adjustable timing lights.  Everyone is going to tell you to do it before you start messing with the fueling anyway.  I hope they're giving him commission on as many as he's sold.

Edited by irdave
  • Thanks 2

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

I ordered some u channel rubber for a gasket for my modified air cleaner. Thanks for the tip 7502!

Getting some fuel smell in the car so I replaced my fuel filler hose and the o ring gasket on the fuel sender. The sender didn't want to go back in with out some wiggling to find the spot where it would seat. It still looked a little off of square to the tank. I got it as close as I could and gave it a turn. It seems to make a good seal, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.  

I wonder if the sender is crowded by the big dent in the bottom of my gas tank. Pounding out that dent in the tank with a full tank of gas is probably not a good idea.  

Edited by Eissmann
edited for clarity

DSC_0488.JPGJust got my car back from the auto glass shop. They did a good job installing the front and rear windshields with new gaskets and trim. Felt good to drive the car again after almost two weeks while I did some work on the window frame rust issues prior to the new gaskets.

Looking at the receipt it appears I wasn't charged for the back glass install. Total bill was $305, I was expecting to pay more than that. 

DSC_0479.JPG

Edited by 7502
pics
  • Like 3