• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

On 8/13/2021 at 11:57 AM, cdbeemin said:

When the car gets warm the idle starts to surge about 300-400 rpms 900 to 1300ish pretty rhythmically.

That has always indicated a lean at idle condition on my car, it’s a simple fix, you will need to juggle between the tuna can enrichment screw on the D cam inside the can and the idle speed adjustment on the outside of the tuna can.

I finally replaced my passenger side window regulator with my wife's help.  I needed an extra set of hands for that D*** circlip.  I lubed the tracks and removed some gunk that was rattling around in the bottom of the door while I was in there.

I didn't take any pics.  I was too busy trying to finish while losing a couple pounds of water weight in the heat.  I though I'd go for a cruise and then the sky opened up and thunderstorms hit.  Oh well. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 12:59 PM, zinz said:

Where did you order the chassis dolly?   Looks like a good one.

Ed

I got it through Summit Racing, it's a decent dolly and was the best price I could find online, even with freight shipping included.

• Like 1

center muffler blew out at track event last month.  got a new 13x9x4 stainless AP muffler welded in, did some testing of it today while burning up gas, tires and brake pads.  seems to work ok.

20210722_103525.jpg

20210805_141400.jpg

Edited by M2M3
  • Like 4

2xM3

1 hour ago, 2002#3 said:

M2M3,

Fun drive and well-done video.  Thanks. 

Car is soundin' stock but ain't actin' stock.  Exactly how non-stock is your car?  Tell me it's stock...ain't gonna buy it...

Larry

LOL...74 pages of stockness detail.......lets just say the shell and chrome trim is stock   ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2xM3

I broke some stuff today

’73 Chamonix

I’d put about 30miles on the car so I decided to run some errands for the shop in the car. Several rattles had held my attention but none had seemed too severe so I drove the car to town. First stop was o

uneventful. 2nd stop I slipped under the car to feel around at the shift linkage. About an 1” of side to side play has me concerned. I couldn’t feel anything so I jumped in and headed out of the lot aggressively.  

The toyo proxies broke loose in first and I snagged 2nd gear. The rear end started to hunker down and then wang-o! The revs shot up and car wasn’t accelerating anymore. I tried a few different gears and no changes… immediate revs, but no meaningful propulsion. 

Turns out the right outer CV decided to part company with the stub axle. 

721D60AB-FDAC-4D8B-B7CD-85E6493A1537.jpeg

I pulled over into a neighborhood to assess the situation. After I found the loose axle a Good Samaritan came to see what the trouble was. Turns out Sean was a semi-retired dirt track racer. He was all too happy to rifle through is truck to find me a 6mm Allen wrench so I could get 3 bolts reinstalled and tightened. I limped the car home, chase the threads and installed different bolts with red loctite. 

9C84B6B1-CF69-4D9F-B550-F692AEBB9C24.jpeg

I drove another 50+ miles after that with no futher incident. 

• Like 4