• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

3 minutes ago, 0257 said:

Anybody know where that can be got?

That photo shows an early pump assembly.  Later 74+ pumps have the return spring under the tophat instead and that early bracket/spring deleted.

If that doesn't make sense,  I'll post pictures to show the difference. 

73 Inka Tii #2762958

59 minutes ago, PaulTWinterton said:

You're right.   It's for the return fuel line from the back of the KF pump.  It lives on the throttle body support about halfway up from the starter.  There's a hole to clip into. 

Given I have no throttle body support (here we’re talking about the piece that connects to the starter) it’s even more mysterious now.?. Wouldn’t mind having one!

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

1 hour ago, PaulTWinterton said:

You're right.   It's for the return fuel line from the back of the KF pump.  It lives on the throttle body support about halfway up from the starter.  There's a hole to clip into. 

Edited by 0257

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

1 hour ago, PaulTWinterton said:

That photo shows an early pump assembly.  Later 74+ pumps have the return spring under the tophat instead and that early bracket/spring deleted.

If that doesn't make sense,  I'll post pictures to show the difference. 

I’d appreciate that, Paul.  As I put linkage together I’m finding lots of mysteries.  Like the fact that the 45 year old eccentric shaft knob fits to the receiving end of the middle shaft more tightly than the new factory ones do….

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

1 hour ago, 0257 said:

On one trip under the car, I noticed this clip lying on the floor.  Looks about the right size for a fuel hose, but no idea where it came from or where it should return.  Who knows this?

It also looks like it could be a speedometer cable clip.

15 minutes ago, SydneyTii said:

Here’s a pic from Jaymic showing the difference between type b + c pumps for the enrichment leaver return spring operation.

B96DC4FC-E0BF-4C1C-937D-475FA72FBACC.png

I hate always being special, but….  In any event, my setup looks like “C”. I have a ‘74, so Paul’s diagram should help me understand what I should and shouldn’t have.

image.jpeg

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

17 minutes ago, 0257 said:

I hate always being special, but….  In any event, my setup looks like “C”. I have a ‘74, so Paul’s diagram should help me understand what I should and shouldn’t have.

image.jpeg

It looks like an A pump, (bottom row A1 lettering?) the US had different later pumps as well I believe, as it had to allow for emissions rules, I’m sure someone will know.

2 hours ago, 0257 said:

I’d appreciate that, Paul.  As I put linkage together I’m finding lots of mysteries.  Like the fact that the 45 year old eccentric shaft knob fits to the receiving end of the middle shaft more tightly than the new factory ones do….

First pic is a 74 pump.  Notice the spring under the tophat.  That replaces the spring of the early pump.  Fittings are different to delete the early spring.

KF_Linkage_Install1_SML.jpg

Next pic shows the early enrichment lever with a post to secure the spring, and another fitting on the back to secure the spring to the pump body.

EarlyPumpSpring.jpg

Sending you a PM to offer parts that you might be missing.

• Like 2

73 Inka Tii #2762958

6 hours ago, 0257 said:

Looks about the right size for a fuel hose, but no idea where it came from or where it should return.  Who knows this?

These are the clips that hold the cable harness on the inside of the left fender.

The cable to the starter  is supported by 2 of these on my '76. The third tab is welded to the frame rail (see bottom left).

Cable Clip.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, John76 said:

These are the clips that hold the cable harness on the inside of the left fender.

The cable to the starter  is supported by 2 of these on my '76. The third tab is welded to the frame rail (see bottom left).

Cable Clip.jpg

I must have jarred one loose with all the hoohawing about the engine compartment.  Thanks.

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

1 minute ago, 0257 said:

I must have jarred one loose with all the hoohawing about the engine compartment.  Thanks.

You're quite the hoohaw-er!

:D

• Haha 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.