• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What was the first addition/modification to your car?

Senna27

Do you remember the first modification you made to your car? 

I bought Sabine in March 1982 when I was 20 and she was 7. The very first thing I did to this tired little rust-bucket was change the steering wheel. It didn't change things much, but made her feel a tad sportier. It was a Gilles Villeneuve signature Momo. Being Canadian and a huge motorsports fan, Villeneuve was by far my favourite. Sadly, he died 2 months later. 

She's come a long way since then. Love every day with this car.

Saturday January 18th. was Villeneuve's  70th. Birthday. RIP ❤️

scan0031.jpg

IMG_7087.jpg

IMG_7080.jpg

IMG-1786.jpg

IMG-7070.jpg

• Like 5

1975 - 2002 - Sabine - Jade

2010 Toyota Matrix XR

Remember: RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

My first 02 was a 75 Euro spec 1802, I swapped out the instrument cluster with a clock for one with a tach.  On my first US spec 02, replaced the POS sealed beam headlights with Hella H4 lights and the upgrades grew from there, Weber 32/36, etc...

Edited by Gordon

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Replaced center drive shaft bearing on all 3 '02s I've had within a month of purchase. Also, fixed blinkers on all 3. Says something about the type of cars I purchase, maybe...

Edited by JerryC

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

Trying to remember back 50 years,     I think the first change I made was replacing the clock in my 1600 with a tachometer.  I couldn’t afford the $75 (I think) that bmw wanted so I bought a Stewart Warner tach for $39 which fit in the space almost perfectly.  30 years later I replaced it with the correct VDO tach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1