• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Today, I received a tii distributor I sent to Dave at Advanced Distributors for a rebuild.  He customized the distributor for my M10 engine rebuild project (a little more displacement than stock; 10-10.5 CR; 292 cam).  That sucker's as clean as a Safeway chitlin.

IMG_5955.thumb.jpeg.db7419a9a6af71d7ddbdc7b09c452342.jpeg

Edited by 2002#3
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

My driver side window/door had gotten really rattlely and the window was doing odd things as I rolled it up and down.

Removed the doorcard to discover the rear window track basically floating in place with only one bolt remaining.

The good news is, once I got it all back together, I made a couple minor adjustments and now the window seals up more or less correctly. Wind/road noise in the cabin is greatly reduced on the highway. I can even hear my mono Blaupunkt radio when I'm on the highway!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, d.hitchcock said:

My driver side window/door had gotten really rattlely and the window was doing odd things as I rolled it up and down.

Removed the doorcard to discover the rear window track basically floating in place with only one bolt remaining.

The good news is, once I got it all back together, I made a couple minor adjustments and now the window seals up more or less correctly. Wind/road noise in the cabin is greatly reduced on the highway. I can even hear my mono Blaupunkt radio when I'm on the highway!

sounds like something i should check before putting my cards back on!

• Like 2

On 5/4/2023 at 9:36 PM, Tommy said:

Getting ready for club trackday. 20230502_134153.thumb.jpg.df30023df3fdfb30df0f745a05bc6ebb.jpg

Really good looking car👍🏼 How do you like using the sill stands? I’ve been planning on fabbing some up for my car. Any tips to get a good stout pin spot? 

This morning I finished installing the inner door felt.  You can see the difference between the old fuzz (or lack thereof) and new.  I also used @stephers trick of applying fiberglass resin on the inside of the door card.  It took a little bit of flop out of it.  Thanks Rick!

20230504-newfuzz.thumb.jpg.b326992746a98500e1467f9e421fcdea.jpg

I had Stuart all cleaned up and ready for the first drive this season when the skies opened up.  The car will have to wait for another day.  It's not that this car will never see rain - it is only a matter of time.  But the inner door felt wasn't the only problem.  The outer window "squeegee" trim is almost non-existent.  The rubber is cracked away and a 3 or 4mm gap remains - inviting that rain right into the door.  New ones are on the way.

Edited by autokunst
  • Like 2

Stephen Bruns

1968 1600-2  "Stuart"

1973 3.0CS  "Raven"  https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/the-raven-e9-project.26879/

1967 VW Beetle  "Templeton"

19 hours ago, sczapiga said:

Really good looking car👍🏼 How do you like using the sill stands? I’ve been planning on fabbing some up for my car. Any tips to get a good stout pin spot? 

Thanks. Oh yes, love them. They worked great many years but now I ran into problem. As I made the sill flares I had to make pins much taller and now they bend. I need to find stronger steel. The pipes go through the sill. There is 3mm plate, about 10x10cm, on both inner and outer sill for strengtening.

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

35 minutes ago, jp5Touring said:

Received new Guibo Friday but it didn't have the band around it that most do.

Is this going to be a problem ?

IMG_4816.thumb.jpg.7ee57859af65dc00480411926d8d6494.jpg

The newer design 6 bolt ones don't require the metal band like the older 8 bolt ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I was to concerned on making the driveshafts parallel instead of getting Guibo square.

I got @halboyles alignment tool to help with my ineptness.

I picked up a couple buzzing noises in the interior, was thinking the new exhaust now hoping 

the new guibo done right fixes that also.

On a brighter note I had two offers Saturday at Vintage races to buy my car.

One was serious. Would only consider if I could find a e30 M3, otherwise plan is to keep forever. 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2023 at 7:32 PM, 2002#3 said:

Today, I received a tii distributor I sent to Dave at Advanced Distributors for a rebuild.  He customized the distributor for my M10 engine rebuild project (a little more displacement than stock; 10-10.5 CR; 292 cam).  That sucker's as clean as a Safeway chitlin.

Jeff Schlemmer at Advanced Distributors does do excellent work.  I'm surprised that he let you keep the electronic trigger and didn't force you back to using points.  😄

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

On 5/5/2023 at 7:32 PM, 2002#3 said:

That's gotta be the shiniest most polished original distributor I've ever seen!