• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

I decided to take one more day to prepare for the drive and spent some time under the hood yesterday.  The coolant was low and I noticed that the radiator cap was damaged, so I topped it off with distilled water and put the original radiator cap back on.  Is there supposed to be a rubber seal like the busted one had?  I'll bring it along in case there's a problem without it.

image.thumb.jpeg.23919410c7fdc3688dea04bd36fd8f2a.jpeg  image.thumb.jpeg.6d6d16921d3f36add9062a96da8deb37.jpeg

I also checked the valves and they were all still at .007, except for the #3 intake, which had a .010" gap.  I'm glad I checked.

image.thumb.jpeg.293dd2889fee9edae260ca45852e52dc.jpeg

The cirlces/squares/triangles mark the pairs that were simultaneously adjustable.

image.thumb.jpeg.1cf14e6a7adc98c5cec54318631beecf.jpeg

Better late than not at all.  No more FAQ fun for me until I get there.

Tom

• Like 5

I don’t think the rubber gasket is necessary exactly, but my guess is that it prevents any overflow, or steam if overheating, from coming out the cap, and instead directs it out the overflow port on the side of the riser? both of my caps have the rubber there.

'74 Verona

While trying to clean up excess wiring from previous owners obsession with toggle switches I must have unhooked however he had the cold start valve hooked up. Moved a toggle to the left side of wheel and wired it myself and car starts within a second or two of hitting the starter. If I get an original timer box I’ll use it, but for now….starting and running like a sewing machine!

B9E5B05D-EBE5-47C4-B8B4-FE93FDDFEF0C.jpeg

Edited by Highnote1
  • Like 2

I made the first fitting and test of my C-series Blaupunkt Frankfurt with Blauetooth.  The Behr AC made everything tight, especially the antenna wire.  Did not know if there is an antenna wire extension, but Amazon will have a 12" extension on my doorstep on Tuesday.   I am going to refit later this week with a more secure mount of the evaporator and wire the USB port I put in place of the green plug.  Bluetooth worked very nicely.    Radio is a 71/72 year, US model AM FM mono with a two speaker banana plug.  Had to pick up 8 ohm, low wattage speakers from SM Electrotech.  After installing, I made what I hope is the last mounting of my Kooglewerks speaker blisters.  Neat product!

• Like 1

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a

Big moment for me today as I bolted in my freshly rebuilt rear subframe.  While replacing the floors and rockers I found my subframe mounts were…crunchy…so I pulled the subframe and replaced them which led to a bad case of “while-I’m-in-there-itis”. Very glad to get this bolted back in so I can now move onto replacing the floors and rockers.  

IMG_6654.jpeg

• Like 9

Nothing like  Hand Washing in 40° weather. Also checked underneath the car for upcoming Vintage trip.

Found a little bit of oil and a seal in the diff is starting to leak,Yea,,🙁.

Also the Giubo is cracking after only a year. Bluntech got one out shipped in like a 20 minutes.

Also ordered @halboyles alignment tool since it appears I haven't a clue when installing a giubo.

I have access to a knowledgeable friend with a hoist.😎

Vintage to do list. Install Giubo, 123 Distributer, install Recaro's, adjust Weber DCOE's and adjust valves.

Might be some beer in there somewhere.

IMG_4809.thumb.jpg.d2f46ed7b7d6bfd23dc164dea1b00369.jpg 

• Like 4

If any of you are in southeast Asia these next few days, drop by the Malaysia Autoshow in Serdang, outskirts of KL.

It's mostly a modern ICE and EV car show with a few classics dotted around the main stage...including my Inka '02, driven down from Penang in monsoon rain.

Zombodroid_04052023122214.thumb.jpg.03b09a8caa8659cbecb274b03a93fc14.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

'59 Morris Minor, '67 Triumph TR4A, '68 Silver Shadow, '72 2002tii, '73 Jaguar E-Type,

'73 2002tii w/Alpina mods , '74 2002turbo, '85 Alfa Spider, '03 Lotus Elise