• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

donut spare for 2002

tsteiner

I would guess a Honda Civic, they're 4x100 and usually come with a donut

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

To replace my missing spare I just pulled into one of those cheap no name tire/used tire places and we tried a bunch out, in the trunk and on a wheel. It was relatively painless and cost very little. I have no idea what I ended up with.

I asked here a long time ago. Got no information. The problem isn't just 4x100. It's offset and will it clear brake upgrades if you have them, etc... 4x100 is used by mini, scion, Toyota, very, Honda. Maybe a few more. Report back here because I'm tired of carrying a full size BBS in the trunk. The problem with a lot of the cars with 4x100 and space saver spares I would think is the offset since most if not all are front wheel drive. So I want one that works without spacers and will work with my brake upgrades.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Forget the spare, run run flats...I am of course joking.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I asked here a long time ago. Got no information. The problem isn't just 4x100. It's offset and will it clear brake upgrades if you have them, etc... 4x100 is used by mini, scion, Toyota, very, Honda. Maybe a few more. Report back here because I'm tired of carrying a full size BBS in the trunk. The problem with a lot of the cars with 4x100 and space saver spares I would think is the offset since most if not all are front wheel drive. So I want one that works without spacers and will work with my brake upgrades.

yup.

this topic has come up several times.  i looked a lot for an option to fit my car.  no joy.

2xM3

I am surprised this has not been said before.....but why not get a tiny tire & mount on a stock 13 steelie....

Looks like the tire is Veredstein, not sure if you can buy just the tire or find the right size....maybe find a used spare and use the tire only (2002 wheel)

Here is a pic:

post-34366-0-26868100-1452392958_thumb.j

73 sunroof 2002 (past)  |  73 CSi (present)  |  FAQ Member #2538

2002 decals (mofaraz.com)     |     eBay

The spare needs to be the same (or close) rolling diameter otherwise if you put in on the rear, the diff will be working over time the equivalent of going around a never ending corner. Definitely need to limit the miles in that case.

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Didn't Chevettes come with a toy spare?  If so, since Chevettes used the same 5jx13 wheel as a 2002 (even made by Lemmertz) their toy spares should have the correct offset and of course the proper bolt pattern...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mmmmh Mike,

I´m not sure on that. I don´t really know Chevettes but as far as I´m informed they´re so-to-say twins of the german market Opel Kadett C (with some differences that besides the engines I don´t know about). But what I know is that quite a number of the Opel rims does not fit on BMW 02 because those do have a different offset. E.g. the Borrani steelies or the ATS Classic alloys do have special Opel types that get you into problems if you want to put them on a 02.

Regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Didn't Chevettes come with a toy spare?  If so, since Chevettes used the same 5jx13 wheel as a 2002 (even made by Lemmertz) their toy spares should have the correct offset and of course the proper bolt pattern...

mike

Do you think there are any Chevettes left? Better luck finding a yeti...

Larry

'73 tii

'73 3.0 CS

'23 M2

The more modern cars would have 15-16" wheels and the offset would usually clear a the larger brakes, finding a 13" donut spare that still has a 23-24" diameter is not going to be easy. Like they said check a Scion they are 4x100 and I would guess a tire diameter of 23" or so would be about right

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

Try looking into a Chevy Colbalt too. Not sure if they came with a donut spare but the bolt pattern and offset are the same but in a 15" rim.

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"