tsteiner

donut spare for 2002

26 posts / 1896 viewsLast Reply

Anyone have idea on where to find suitable 4 x 100 pattern donut for spare, i had to cut bottom out of spare tire well and shorten by 2.5 " , so original 5 x13 does not fit.

civic, accord, prelude, toyota, mazda...and more

junkyard & you're in business cheap

To replace my missing spare I just pulled into one of those cheap no name tire/used tire places and we tried a bunch out, in the trunk and on a wheel. It was relatively painless and cost very little. I have no idea what I ended up with.

I asked here a long time ago. Got no information. The problem isn't just 4x100. It's offset and will it clear brake upgrades if you have them, etc... 4x100 is used by mini, scion, Toyota, very, Honda. Maybe a few more. Report back here because I'm tired of carrying a full size BBS in the trunk. The problem with a lot of the cars with 4x100 and space saver spares I would think is the offset since most if not all are front wheel drive. So I want one that works without spacers and will work with my brake upgrades.

I asked here a long time ago. Got no information. The problem isn't just 4x100. It's offset and will it clear brake upgrades if you have them, etc... 4x100 is used by mini, scion, Toyota, very, Honda. Maybe a few more. Report back here because I'm tired of carrying a full size BBS in the trunk. The problem with a lot of the cars with 4x100 and space saver spares I would think is the offset since most if not all are front wheel drive. So I want one that works without spacers and will work with my brake upgrades.

yup.

this topic has come up several times.  i looked a lot for an option to fit my car.  no joy.

I am surprised this has not been said before.....but why not get a tiny tire & mount on a stock 13 steelie....

Looks like the tire is Veredstein, not sure if you can buy just the tire or find the right size....maybe find a used spare and use the tire only (2002 wheel)

Here is a pic:

post-34366-0-26868100-1452392958_thumb.j

The spare needs to be the same (or close) rolling diameter otherwise if you put in on the rear, the diff will be working over time the equivalent of going around a never ending corner. Definitely need to limit the miles in that case.

Didn't Chevettes come with a toy spare?  If so, since Chevettes used the same 5jx13 wheel as a 2002 (even made by Lemmertz) their toy spares should have the correct offset and of course the proper bolt pattern...

mike

Mmmmh Mike,

I´m not sure on that. I don´t really know Chevettes but as far as I´m informed they´re so-to-say twins of the german market Opel Kadett C (with some differences that besides the engines I don´t know about). But what I know is that quite a number of the Opel rims does not fit on BMW 02 because those do have a different offset. E.g. the Borrani steelies or the ATS Classic alloys do have special Opel types that get you into problems if you want to put them on a 02.

Regards, Lars.

Didn't Chevettes come with a toy spare?  If so, since Chevettes used the same 5jx13 wheel as a 2002 (even made by Lemmertz) their toy spares should have the correct offset and of course the proper bolt pattern...

mike

Do you think there are any Chevettes left? Better luck finding a yeti...

The more modern cars would have 15-16" wheels and the offset would usually clear a the larger brakes, finding a 13" donut spare that still has a 23-24" diameter is not going to be easy. Like they said check a Scion they are 4x100 and I would guess a tire diameter of 23" or so would be about right

Try looking into a Chevy Colbalt too. Not sure if they came with a donut spare but the bolt pattern and offset are the same but in a 15" rim.