• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Center Console/radio Setup

kid2002

Here's what I came up with. What a miserable job!  After numerous fitment issues requiring relocating all the attachment bolts I've got something cobbled together that I can live with. It's firmly attached and not going anywhere. My right shoe would occasionally get caught up on the forward ear so I installed a couple of strong springs at the forward void in the framework to pull the ears together. A turnbuckle might have been easier up there.

DSC_4598.JPG

Pretty functional console setup that can be customized with top stitch and material.  Engineered fro new AC / Heat setup that fits in space !

http://www.dtechparts.com/bmw-2002-heat-and-ac-evaporator-new-redesigned-as-modern-car/

installed__49574.1497205375.1280.1280.JPG?c=2

IMG_3697_1__86473.1490224982.1280.1280.JPG?c=2

IMG_2907__38471.1514842718.1280.1280.JPG?c=2

upgraded console only

http://www.dtechparts.com/ac-center-console-custom-stitch/

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, H E L P said:

@Whaledriver are the side panel pieces you have custom made? If so, where can I buy a pair like that?

They came with the aftermarket A/C unit package. They were designed to fit this particular unit but didn't fit perfectly, so I altered them quite a bit on the drivers side. If I had to do it all over again I would just do the cardboard templet routine to get the right shape,  then cut out some matching plywood and  then take it down to an upholstery shop for whatever material you want for a covering. I like the double French stitching on leather or vinyl. It would also be a cheaper route.

• 2 months later...

Just got through phase 1 of my interior work, Vintage European Kenwood head unit, Vintage Yamaha 100W RMS amp in trunk powering a Yamaha 8", 4 Alpine 6-1/2" speakers, 2 in hat shelf, 2 in door replacing the 5" junk that was there. Bluetooth to FM frequency for Spotify.

Still not done tying up wires.

Plans for a gauge package below.

20190121_185937.jpg

Yamaha Sub.jpg

G. Hamilton

North of Boston

'74 02 - Former Cali car