kid2002

Show Us Your Center Console/radio Setup

208 posts / 41541 viewsLast Reply

Not sure if this has been done or if there is already a thread like this but figured we could have some fun with this thread.

What's in your Center Console? Show us your setups!

Paolo

Nice topic Paolo.

A great source for center console panels and instrumentation for E10s and other older BMWs is Parker Performance. I bought a radio panel for my tii and am very pleased. Will post photos when I get the car back from the shop. For now here's the link:

http://www.parkerperformance.com

Jim

It's been done, but the previous post to the thread appears to be dead, or my search abilities are lousy.  Some examples:

images.jpeg

image.jpg

7773686762_81e3d58045_c.jpg

tiicenterconsole.jpg

(edited)

Actually I need some new side panels, or at least to re-cover the old ones, but still I am quite proud of my center console.  It consists of:

A $4 pastic cd/cup holder console from Autozone:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Hopkins-Black-console-with-drinks-CDs-and-coins-storage-compartment/_/N-25ps?itemIdentifier=426530_0_0_

And a Galaxy Tab 7 sandwiched between a 2x4 and 2 pieces of carpet trim, which serves for my music, GPS, and Gauges/Megasquirt interface via bluetooth (running Shadow Dash: http://tunerstudio.com/index.php/shadowdashmsmenu)

The Megasquirt box and mini-amp are both back behind the tablet under the heater box.

Pretty cool, eh?

post-32704-0-80984300-1409350134_thumb.j

-Carl

Edited by AustrianVespaGuy

post-39424-0-92877300-1409363319_thumb.j

The above is a picture of mine before installation.

The radio is modified to accept music from my phone, the clock is from a tii, the right knob has a cigarette symbol on it and used as an auxiliary power source for my phone, while left knob with a headlight symbol is used as a two-pull switch for F/R fog lights.

Gurmail

(edited)

Looking forward to this thread getting built out. I bought my car with the center console missing and will need some good inspiration for what to put in. I picked up the console sides and shifter surround the other day but I need to figure out what to put in the middle.

That parker performance kit looks like a good option but looking forward to seeing what else has been done.

Edited by bento

Esty, that tan interior is stunning!

Esty, that tan interior is stunning!

thanks a bunch...it took some convincing before my hubby let me do that to his car

the main gauges are covered with a set of vinyl decals i bought on ebay

287k9c4.jpg

• Thanks 1

i love that steering wheel.

it's an NK wheel....large, makes turning easy

reminds me of the wheel on my 71 VW bus.