• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Center Console/radio Setup

kid2002

On 11/1/2017 at 11:32 AM, Forrest_KoogleWerks said:

Made a few more of these and refined the design after checking & measuring more gauges and stereo variations...also set up and drilled to mount in short or long style console...put em up on the site for sale and shipped out three already (one blank, one cut for OE radio and one cut for modern DIN radio 

IMG_4140.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4194.JPG

IMG_4210.JPG

Great work...  if your selling them... I would buy!

54DB83DD-0078-43A1-88BD-F473608FC800.jpeg

• Like 1

BMW - 1976 2002, 2003 m3, 2007 335i

Mercedes - 2015 C63 amg edition “507”, 2003 SL55 amg, 1983 380SL 

Audi - 2013 A6 supercharged,  2002 Allroad 2.7  

Porsche - 1993 968

Here's a shot of my center console. The Becker lights up but isn't part of the audio system. There is an IR eye in the back of the console which triggers the controls for the head unit in the trunk.44c6807fc25967bd469d5aa9981754d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

70 M2 2.5L 

2 hours ago, kris said:

Here's a shot of my center console. The Becker lights up but isn't part of the audio system. There is an IR eye in the back of the console which triggers the controls for the head unit in the trunk.44c6807fc25967bd469d5aa9981754d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the toggle lever on the right side...mine came with that but was disconnected. But I still put it in my plywood fabbed console

IMG_20170926_173643.thumb.jpg.1ab2d847953d1ff2e8447b351f3ef4ca.jpg

On November 3, 2017 at 12:17 AM, GoGo Garnet said:

He is, and you should.

Kooglewerks . com

Nice easy site to navigate and, check out was super easy. Plus, made in America.

No affiliation, BTW.

Hey thanks! I just sent your under-dash speaker panels out on Friday  (unless those went to someone else on the island?!) either way, thank you for the positive review, I hope to make more good/easy solutions for the 2002 community. 

• Like 2

On 11/4/2017 at 12:42 AM, Ncbimma said:

What's the toggle lever on the right side...mine came with that but was disconnected. But I still put it in my plywood fabbed console

IMG_20170926_173643.thumb.jpg.1ab2d847953d1ff2e8447b351f3ef4ca.jpg

The toggle is for a resonator bypass - a loud and louder setup

• Like 5

70 M2 2.5L 

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Forum Members,

This is related to the Automatic Transmission Center Console, on the later 2002's

I have a service to install new brushes, actually Natural Horse Hair Brushes.

Now that the Factory OEM brushes are NLA,

But they are still selling the new Chrome Cover.

Here is a link to my 14 websites, all on one page, via Big Coupe

LINK : http://bigcoupe.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=28245

Please follow the directions in RED to view the written captions for each photo (page).

Also please read the conditions in GREEN.

Then see # 11 for the brushes

Then view page # 1, for pricing, and pages 40-43 for pictures of the 2002 Console, with new HH brushes.

Best,

Jay

jay_c_stratton@hotmail.com

P2130009.JPG

The first pic is the original console. This second pic  is my present alteration,  which will be revised after I install my new electronic AC . Car has a disconnected  Behr AC. The Behr takes up a lot of space behind the faceboard. I repositioned the Hazard light switch to the blank space below and  left of the steering wheel, which I believe on some cars was for the manual choke.. The AC control knobs will be eliminated as the new AC comes with an electronic control panel to replace the old sliding control panel to the right of the steering wheel.  The three gage's rear protrusion barely fit in the present position, as does the lower mounted modern Bluetooth Panasonic radio. Hopefully the new install and elimination of the AC control knobs will provide more  room for revision below the AC vents. I think I'll continue with the with the carbon fiber look on the revised face panel..

front seats & dash.JPG

BMW gage mode 002.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I made a couple new (correct factory size/shape) consoles recently... both short and long (gauges and radio mocked up for the photo) pretty happy I was able to find a vinyl with a nice grain that matches the dash and door panels well too! the sides are higher quality MDF (the OE parts are particle board) and have all the right holes pre-drilled prior to upholstery. Now up on the website as  "complete" assemblies, with the gauge panel and cup holder/shift surround/boot.

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_9531.jpg

IMG_9542.jpg

• Like 5

On October 11, 2016 at 7:29 AM, MildSeven said:

30246936936_b797fb523c_z.jpg

30141092331_3b14951330_z.jpg

Just finished installing this thing. It wasn't fun, will put up some details in my blog.

3x VDO gauges: Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Water Temp

Panasonic Stereo

3x switches: Aux Fan, A/F Wideband digital gauge (in fasten seatbelt box), Future use (potentially driving lights).

Hazard switch

Mildseven Can you elaborate on the gauge in the seatbelt box? Perhaps a picture? 

• Like 1

I want to thank Forest for the awesome service and products. Here I have his speaker pods and panel. Both are above and beyond my expectations. My system of choice is a Bluetooth driver and a subwoofer under the driver seat. No evidence of a sound system when looking in the windows. 

199E3CC7-98B2-4EF6-BA99-A0CE971A5F58.jpeg

6F86611A-109A-4E5E-8086-6CFF90402F25.jpeg

58348FE1-8281-419F-92B8-E90C3F704CBB.jpeg

Edited by Polaris1974
  • Like 2

Now if only we could get @Forrest_KoogleWerks to favour RHD cars. 

A set of underdash panels and the gauges pointing the other way would be awesome. 

• Like 3

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

6 hours ago, Forrest_KoogleWerks said:

I made a couple new (correct factory size/shape) consoles recently... both short and long (gauges and radio mocked up for the photo) pretty happy I was able to find a vinyl with a nice grain that matches the dash and door panels well too! 

Very nice.  If I needed one I'd be all over it.

• Like 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958