• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Wegweiser

wegweiser

Many of you long term 02ers will know my father's name. He's been a continual classic BMW owner and driver since June of 1972. He's done the Nurburgring drivers schools TWICE in the 1970s and a bazillion DE schools and Oktoberfests over the decades. He ran the BMW CS Registry for years with his former wife.

Here's an update on his health:

He suffered a moderate heart attack this week and I found him on the carpet of his apartment Wednesday, after leaving work early to check on him. He was conscious and fairly alert but shaky. He's currently in the ICU at a good hospital in Pittsburgh slowly recovering. It will be a long road.

Please keep him in your thoughts.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Do yourself and your father a HUGE favor and get him something like this http://www.1800medalert.com/ You know that commercial "I have fallen and can't get up"

My father was suffering from COPD from years of smoking. He was living on his own, was on oxygen and had a scooter. He would get to winded to walk more than 2 steps. But in the scooter he was happy, fun and seemed normal. I had visited my dad on a Friday morning. Brought him some beer, and some food from the store. We visited then I headed out. I called him on Tuesday but got no answer. So I emailed him...still nothing. A friend of his called me and said she was concerned as she had not received an email from him in days.

I rushed over to his Apt (about 45 minutes away) I went in and he had died in the hall. He was laying on the floor in front of his scooter. I called 911 and they came. His scooter battery had died while he was driving down the hall. They said he most likely had been stuck there for several days and finally made an attemp to get out of the chair to walk or crawl for help.

He would still be alive if he had been able to contact 911

I think about how he died often and how I could have saved himif I had thought ahead and gotten him one.

Dont ask your dad, just get him one and make him wear it

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Paul, so sorry to hear about your Dad. I met him at an Ofest years ago and knew him some years before I met you.

I'll keep him in my prayers.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I met your dad at one of my first DE events with the NJ chapter in the late '70s. He is probably tougher then you think. Us old birds, and I count myself among them, have a way of beating the odds. I hope your dad recovers fully and will say a prayer for him.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Hi Paul,

Sorry to see this, but rest assured your dad "and" you will be in my thougths and prayers! I lost my dad in 2000, but I pray yours will be with you for a long time to come. It sounds like he is in good hands. I hope he fully recovers.

Blessings,

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"