• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP ColoIncaAlpine

Jdddrigot

You guys would have loved his shop, so full of cool stuff- the race car, the AlpinA, the white car.  And so many parts.  I had a really nice time the few hours I got to spend with him, I'm sure you guys would have, too.  RIP buddy.

• Like 2

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

I am so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with his family.

I enjoyed reading his posts, seemed like a very nice person.

Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

What an absolutely fabulous colleague and friend Danny was! I’m in shock. This community will miss him dearly.

He and his family are in our prayers.

R.I.P., Danny.

Kind regards,

Steve

• Sad 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I think the nice front hood emblem he gave me just became even more valuable - and how I'll miss his Alpina advice. I hope that all the good karma he obviously accrued will come back to bring his family some measure of peace.

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii

My most sincere condolences.  I had only recently interacted with Dan for the first time while trying to source some bits for my new-to-me '74 tii.  He offered to powder coat some wiper arms for a really friendly price after I said the best I could find was a new one from BMW in Germany for $150--which he commented was outrageous for a single black wiper arm.  Then when figuring out the logistics at the end of September he said he wasn't feeling well.  Then on October 4 he PM'd me again saying he was into his 2nd week of COVID and starting to feel a bit better and hoped to be up and going again soon as he had a lot to do.  I wished him well, hoped he had the support from family/friends, and said the wiper arms could wait.  Then he dropped off the FAQ, but on Nov 2 I noticed he visited again so I sent him another PM just hoping to hear he was feeling better although Oct 4 was the last PM I got from him.  One of the genuine great guys who make this ownership community one I want to be part of.

-Gary

• Like 2

He was not the type of forum member to loose.  Many who remain could have learned much from his style and courtesy towards others here, especially when helping them with parts.   

He will be missed for the pleasure to deal with, ease of communication, willingness to help, and general contribution to the "hobby" and not the profit of our cars. His passing also signifies the entry of a new era. I hope the void is not filled with lessor. 

Some day I will be gone, what a field day you guys can have at my expense. Make it full of levity please.  

• Like 4

But what do I know

What? im in disbelief! I just had breakfast with him several months ago when he was dropping a few large parts I bought from him. 

This is beyond believable. It was a wonderful visit with lot of talk on his Alpina red tii. 

He was full of energy and life. He did tell me he didn't believe in all these Covid stuff or mask, vaccination etc. I try not to tell people how to live their life so long doesn't get in my way. I did tell him that I have to wear mask, social distance etc. because I have young kids at home and I couldn't afford to take chance. We had breakfast outdoors. 

• Like 1

OUCH, WOW, Dan was such a gentleman, very quick to help with some basic questions from a lot of us novices, an incredible wealth of information and knowledge. Bought a few parts from him now and again, and last message I had from him was Sept 3 talking about some of his cars,  He said he was selling some stuff, or " thinning the herd " and was going to move out to Utah to be closer to his family as they all got older. OH man what a shame. Condolences to his family.