• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pick a Price (BaT)

joysterm

1 hour ago, Conserv said:

And I haven’t disagreed with you. I’m just saying that I believe some of these highly-personal choices are limiting his market.

Best regards,

Steve

I agree. I might be a little high at 42. I think if the changes were made back to stock it could go for $50k +

Edited by iinca
  • Like 1

Whoa. This poor guy has the $12,000 square-taillight-rims-on-a-round-taillight-tii deduction plus the $3,000 deduction for 1600-style-grilles-on-a-round-taillight-tii... ?

NO SALE LONG TIME! ??

Regards,

Steve

A1088F6F-3AFA-4FF9-9679-E12D7AD863DF.png

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

34 minutes ago, fastricky said:

There's a lot to admire on the OP car but I absolutely hate the chin spoiler on that car or any other '02 except a Turbo.

Agree with that, unless the entire car is built up around the front air dam (wheels, flares, etc.), it most often looks bolt on, out of place, awkward, etc. 

Somewhat off topic - In regards to spoilers however, I've always been intrigued with a duck bill spoiler - seen on period american cars or even the Golf GTi Mk1. Not stock on an 02 of course, but feels about the most I'd go with on these cars with say slightly wider rims/tires if one felt a spoiler was needed.

Jason

• Thanks 1

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, sunroof, A/C, 5spd OD, 3.91 LSD, etc. Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   --> If you need an Alpina A4 tuning manual, PM me!

Two shops noted lower compression on cylinder #4. I think 130psi. Would that be a major concern on this car that may impact value?

1960 Austin Healey Sprite | 1974 Ford Bronco | 1988 Porsche 911 | 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser | 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands on Order | In Search of a BMW 2002 

3 hours ago, fastricky said:

There's a lot to admire on the OP car but I absolutely hate the chin spoiler on that car or any other '02 except a Turbo.

Too much hate and divide in this world. I love them all.

IMG_0609 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, fastricky said:

Thats an odd preference... given it’s a zender-type airdam and not supposed to be fitted to a turbo/flares.

Im just a bit tired of the numbers-hype-market-value game surrounding 2002s.  What makes the 2002 special isn’t how much it sells for.

On 5/13/2020 at 9:54 AM, Conserv said:

Those are actually e21/turbo rims (5 1/2” wide) painted to emulate the turbo look. Unlike most — who mistakenly think the turbo centers were black — this one got the “turbo look” almost right: medium gray with silver rim.

I agree that Black is not the truest shade of color they used but it's pretty dark judging from the sales collateral I have.  

IMG_1415.jpg

• Like 2

But what do I know

That Inka tii is pretty cool.  I like it.  It sounds really good.  

It would be nice to have my car that nice someday, but I don't think that is going to happen.  That thing looks super-shiny everywhere.  

I'm not wild about the wheels, but I don't dislike them.  I just get that "THAT'S A LATER WHEEL" thought pop in my head when I see it.  Like seeing late alloys or even the e30 bottle tops or whatever they are called on a roundie.  There's a little incongruence going on.  

Having said that, I notice that when I see a bunch of 02s, I always spend way more time looking at the modded ones than looking the stock ones, whatever that means.  Maybe I'm lying to myself about what I like?  Or just I'm just kinda dumb?  

Scott

• Like 1

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

1 hour ago, conkitchen said:

I agree that Black is not the truest shade of color they used but it's pretty dark judging from the sales collateral I have.  

IMG_1415.jpg

I agree that the sales brochures show a near-black color. But if you start looking at bona fide originals — even if you must “adjust” for 45 years of oxidation — the center disks are measurably lighter than the literature.

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Interesting that the Seller went No Reserve, he has 39K+ in the car - purchased it at a mid-December auction for 31K + 10% Buyer's Premium (3.1K) + GCR Invoice (3.9K) = 38K + wheels/tires (say 1K+).  Probably counting on Inka + Korman to motivate bidding.  I looked extensively at the car with the PO (who auctioned the car) prior to the auction when he could pull it with no penalty & the body/paint looked quite good - believe it's base/clear, it has a shine to it.  There were a number of things I would want to change some of which have been noted, however they weren't show stoppers.  At the time he had a 40K reserve on the car which I had verified with the auction company account rep - the PO did a good bit of business with the auction company selling cars & firearms from his collections - he was raising cash to pay off a new home that his ex-wife had purchased.  Made him an offer less than his reserve & more than he ended up taking at the auction when he dropped the reserve to sell it - he wouldn't budge off the 40K - decided not to attend the auction.  According to the PO the original restoration was done by 2002AD in the "90's for a CA customer who the PO purchased it from in the latter '90's - he had Korman do extensive work as shown by the invoices but there was not a full repaint per the PO just various panels.  $'s didn't seem to be an obstacle for the PO who's a very successful doctor with a somewhat rare speciality that apparently commands big bucks - according to him, only Korman worked on his various BMW's.  Apologies for the extraneous info but found the doctor to be a very interesting car guy with an eclectic collection including BMWs, American muscle, various trucks, etc.  No telling how many firearms he owned, the December auction included 350 with at least that many in a prior auction & five large gun safes in his garage that were still full.

• Like 3

'72 Golf Tii

I'll be brief. I prefer no mods but this is a very nice looking car (minus the chin spoiler). The "no reserve" strategy will result in lots of late bidding. It's BAT. $44k. (and of course, the mods could make me way wrong)

• Like 1

72 Agave tii

2012 Space Grey 335i

76 Sienabraun - sold  95 M3 - sold  06 M Coupe - sold

Where's Alonzo?!