• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

On 5/30/2021 at 3:19 AM, 2002Scoob said:

Sorry Neighbors!! Boy were they pissed today. I need a new workshop.

Yea, touchy those Deutschlander neighbors, especially the pensioners?

That is one thing(among others) I dont miss about Germany

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

After what seemed like an eternity I finally picked up my E12 Frankinhead from the machine shop.

New Ex guides, 2 intake valves, 1 exhaust valve and 2 seats later it is good to go. 

Its a good machine shop but had zero experience on 02 heads.

Despite being uber busy they were patient and worked with me to ensure a good head. I printed off specs from the factory blue book for them and they saved it all on file for later.

Now that I am certain this head is the one, I can start building up the block on Survivors project engine.

Sweet!

IMG_2766.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

IMG_2769.JPG

IMG_2770.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

• Like 3

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

IMG_2822.jpeg

IMG_2828.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg

IMG_2819.jpeg

IMG_2820.jpeg

'70 ti-Wannabe Project Medical Issue

Patient Medical Record Number:  1671277

Complaint:  sluggish interior and environmental depression

Diagnosis:  automotive endoscopy indicated interior was clogged

Findings:  Constipation was due to old crappy carpet.  50-year-old floor pan is solid, rust-free, and tightly covered in the original, well-preserved tar paper.  

Procedure:  interior enema

Recommended Treatment/Rx:  Esty carpet (single dose)

Post-Procedure Expectation/Prognosis:  a healthy interior 

Follow-Up:  Heater box/appendix appears to be really, really (I mean, really) accessible at this time.  Recommend a near-future consult to examine and evaluate same.

Larry

Edited by 2002#3
Added Text
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

Cracking wheel on an 02!

Is that a slightly darker colour?  Love it.

Thanks! I believe the color from the powder shop I took them to is called "alloy silver". I personally am a fan of silvers that are a bit more warm vs cool. The first picture of the before and after shows it looking a different shade and then on the car with the sunset glowing a bit more warm. I am really happy with the color.

• Like 2

Painted the dipstick handle the correct color, and officially completed the selection of interior upgrades.E8E721E5-E46B-4F27-A3E5-B057A26C385D.jpeg53325D25-FA7A-4EF8-8356-A98DF25DF6BF.jpeg

• Like 5

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

40 minutes ago, dlhoovler said:

@0257

Jen-yew-wine Turbo wheel? 

Yepr.  The Cinturatos go on this coming week.  I don’t think I can get myself back to 1974, but I can get Zouave there!

• Like 1

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

On 6/3/2021 at 1:51 PM, jp5Touring said:

I truly hate soldering

Maybe you just need a fun soldering gun  :) 

IMG_2661.thumb.JPG.d3edc2427d83669e92f5af58f1f6a595.JPG

While driving today, I noticed that the L light started glowing once I got up around 3500 rpm and then would go out as rpms dropped again.  When I got home, I popped the hood and found that I could make the belt slip by turning the fan, so I tightened the belt a bit.  I have not gone for a test drive yet, but I suspect that will have fixed the problem.

I don't understand why high rpms would trigger the L light coming on.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

don't understand why high rpms would trigger the L light coming on.

My guess...faster rotation,  loose belt and alternator can't keep up.  Belt starts slipping.

Edited by PaulTWinterton
  • Thanks 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958

12 hours ago, cdbeemin said:

Motor and tranny going in today. One step closer...

Motor in, Tranny in and neatly buttoned up. Lots to do, but today was a big hurdle day and I cleared it with some some much needed assistance from the brother in law. Then we sat and had a drink to admire our handiwork. 

E2C64082-4975-4022-B1E7-29928AE75749.jpeg

471DE7A3-5D3D-476D-8655-20DA406B0380.jpeg

• Like 9

11 hours ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

I don't understand why high rpms would trigger the L light coming on. 

I encountered this behavior a couple of years ago. In my case, the external voltage regulator was failing; at higher rpms, the regulator would fail and the L light would come on. After I replaced the regulator, the problem disappeared.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1