• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

It's amazing how hugely satisfying it is to suddenly have cancelling signals and a blinking indicator again, isn't it?

:)

Cheers,

• Like 4

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

14 minutes ago, ray_ said:

It's amazing how hugely satisfying it is to suddenly have cancelling signals and a blinking indicator again, isn't it?

ABSOLUTELY! ?

1972 BMW Inka 2002Tii  ?

1974 BMW Turkis 3.0 CSi ?

1972 MBZ Weiss 280SE 4.5 

2006 BMW Cobalt 530i (38,700 m original)

On 5/4/2020 at 9:55 AM, TobyB said:

You'll be astounded what happens when you adjust your camber plates in about an inch, too...

t

You've got it, use it!

camber plates.jpg

Yeah, I definitely need to dial that in too! ;)    I had a full alignment done after I rebuilt the front and rear subframes and it seems fine in the corners, but "wonders" between the lane paint on the freeway.  So I need to have a better shop take a look when things free up a little bit.  I'm a little confused at how those adjustable plates mount in the fender though.  If I loosen those allen screws, you can see I won't be able to adjust it much farther.  Did I install them wrong? Thoughts?  

Thanks.  I sketched up the roundel and sent it out to be made.  Yes, it is metal.  Still have a box full of them.  I can send you some if you like to make your own shift knob.  Or, I can make one for you.  Let me know.

Best regards,

Trieu

• Like 5

Progress to date on the install of a/c on the turkis princess four/five days in...

I cut off the two braces up to hood hinges and fasten them to reinforced front edge. I cut off two wings on top of rails that supposed the shocks on the big bumpers that I removed long ago allowed me to install (2)12x16 coils....interior unit has two coils one for heater. Puts out right at 700cfm...

191BE253-B083-41BF-A22C-2405B662E609.jpeg

57097388-E49F-41CE-879C-EEE98B8D7966.jpeg

CDB53D78-7BE2-460A-8C42-114D4DA4D651.jpeg

97AD6362-3C72-4565-8940-231DE605041B.jpeg

BA44504F-DCC2-4415-9308-E6244D125175.jpeg

D3F9D244-4BF7-46C2-A85C-CD0E2F67D4E4.jpeg

8B7B3025-A2EB-4527-AB3F-D3D9DE7F357B.jpeg

C5F83E1C-1D6D-4157-B5C5-7054ECB9738A.jpeg

B2D24FB6-7467-4F59-866E-C668FD5A93CE.jpeg

• Like 9

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

47 minutes ago, BarneyT said:

Progress to date on the install of a/c on the turkis princess

Barney... Ray and I think you are trying to start a mobile meat locker... ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

The car finally come off stands and took its first drive out of the shop! Spent most of the quarantine so far replacing suspension, ignition, and interior parts - and, amazingly, it made the drive all they way to my house and back again with no real issues

61057921004__9CB9E791-6C5E-447D-A9DA-35649E2B2689.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1055.jpg

61057953098__8B6A27E2-EFC1-4E7C-984F-0EC435A3290D.JPG

• Like 11

4 hours ago, offsubject said:

The car finally come off stands and took its first drive out of the shop! Spent most of the quarantine so far replacing suspension, ignition, and interior parts - and, amazingly, it made the drive all they way to my house and back again with no real issues

IMG_1055.jpg

Nice build! Your dash looks perfect - where did you find / get it?!? Is it a clip-over? If so, I'm impressed.

Every since I got the car I have been running a passenger seat as a driver's seat. Today, I pulled apart one of the 4 passenger seats I somehow managed to accumulate for parts to build a frankenstein seat. Man, those pivot bolts are a bear! I pulled the upright/back part off a driver side I had, but the bottom frame was trashed. So, now my driver's seat is a passenger side bottom w/ a driver side back. It's so nice not having the tilt lever rubbing against the transmission tunnel, and not having to reach to the middle of the car to tilt the seat back forward!

If anyone has a driver side lower frame they are willing to part with, I'm in the market.

thx

M

Dropped Stella off at the paint shop this morning to have the fender and various rust repairs painted.  A huge thanks and shout out to BarneyT for all his help and guidance!  @BarneyT 

FB37A52E-7737-437D-BC4E-D9CDFEBDC910.jpeg

• Like 6

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

17 hours ago, man_mark_7 said:

Nice build! Your dash looks perfect - where did you find / get it?!? Is it a clip-over? If so, I'm impressed.

Yeah, it’s a cheapy clip over dash cap, from JC Whitney of all places. Doesn’t look half bad but the fit isn't perfect on my early two piece dash. I may take it out again and give it a spray in some vinyl paint to get it looking a little less plastic-y. But - much better than the very cracked dash with very poor attempted repairs underneath.

• Like 1