• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

I discovered what & where this sheild goes: 

090269C2-6CCC-42F7-B5B1-972C796A8C1F.jpeg

Found this sheild during disassembly of a 74 parts car.  Painted it red because its associated with some heat source.  It protects heat from the breaking down the rubber bushing inside the tube just above the Left top of the sheild.  Ive read so far that a lot of mechanics & do-it-yourselves dont seem to come across a lot of these.

Edited by Toca
  • Like 1

I discovered what & where this sheild goes: 

090269C2-6CCC-42F7-B5B1-972C796A8C1F.jpeg

Found this sheild during disassembly of a 74 parts car.  Painted it red because its associated with some heat source.  It protects heat from the breaking down the rubber bushing inside the tube just above the Left top of the sheild.  Ive read so far that a lot of mechanics & do-it-yourselves dont seem to come across a lot of these.

True, Hang-on to that as long as you can

76 2002 Sienabraun

2015 BMW F10

FWIW, Those were first introduced on the thermo reactor cars due to the added exhaust heat in that area might be nice to add to cars with tube headers for the same reason.

PS Toca looks like you have some pretty big mice that have been gnawing on your bench.

Edited by Son of Marty

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

FWIW, Those were first introduced on the thermo reactor cars due to the added exhaust heat in that area might be nice to add to cars with tube headers for the same reason.

PS Toca looks like you have some pretty big mice that have been gnawing on your bench.

Correction:  Mice? Mice are about 3in long.,  The RATS that ate the butt cushion on my B-mr was bout 12inches long and that’s without the tail!!!  Im a touring musician and I came home after a  year on the road and my home had been made into “PARTY CENTERAL”. Which led me to lose my mind and ALL sensibility with these F-&*(%#’s.  Took me a year and a huge chunk of my brain to totally exterminate the whole lot!!!!  VICTORY!!!!  I WIN!!!

Edited by Toca
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Visited my Tii at the shop for the last time.  Final buff and a couple minor tweaks in progress.  Will be back home next week.  The wheels are what I put on while in the shop, they came with the car.  Have a set of Panasport that are going back on.  Still on the lookout for a set of TII Steelies!  Anyone?

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

Edited by tomphot
  • Like 13

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

Looks really good.  Where did the rings come from?

http://www.ebaystores.com/DIDOTUNING

This guy is out of Poland i think. He posted on the 2002 fb group a while back selling these and I think they are pretty nice. ? Shipping took a while due to international.

Has them for all years... different products for each set of years so pay attention.

• Thanks 1

'74 Verona

Visited my Tii at the shop for the last time.  Final buff and a couple minor tweaks in progress.  Will be back home next week.  The wheels are what I put on while in the shop, they came with the car.  Have a set of Panasport that are going back on.  Still on the lookout for a set of TII Steelies!  Anyone?

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

What a beauty!

• Like 1

A month or so ago I ordered some polished aluminum gauge rings and some "carbon fiber" vinyl. Finally got around to putting it on. It was supposed to be more of an experiment, but I think it looks fantastic. We got a keeper!

Looks good, I did the same when I installed my Speedhut gauges:

20190103_233353.jpg.a7c6a4bbdb0c97a0e9f4e1c3155a2ae1.jpg

• Like 1

John Baas

1976 BMW 2002

2001 BMW M5

My Blog!