• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Special Tii on BAT

zinz

2 hours ago, gwb72tii said:

It's great car we can all agree, and I'm sure we'd all love to own/drive it.

But its a bit of a frankenstein, in a good way. It's really not a tii any more

It's more of a tii than a tii.

Just my $0.02 :)

• Like 6

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Regretting not trying to make a deal with Jason years ago when it was kinda/sorta on the table (never got serious enough to talk turkey $$$).....after just peeling through the photo's on BAT, great car with provenance probably not repeatable in this day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's definitely is a fun philosophical debate of these cars - I agree that it isn't a tii any more - it's a modified Tii!

There probably is a parallel situation with a new 335i - if you put a chip in it, is it still a 335i?

This car is not for everyone though. I've been fortunate to live with both a stock (ish) tii and this car for 18+ years and so I which one was better just depended on my mood.really

Yes, @markmac. I really wanted you or @inkatouring to own this car next. ? But both of you already have gorgeous cars - and Alpinas too!

Jason

• Like 4

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

25 minutes ago, JsnPpp said:

It's definitely is a fun philosophical debate of these cars - I agree that it isn't a tii any more - it's a modified Tii!

There probably is a parallel situation with a new 335i - if you put a chip in it, is it still a 335i?

This car is not for everyone though. I've been fortunate to live with both a stock (ish) tii and this car for 18+ years and so I which one was better just depended on my mood.really

Yes, @markmac. I really wanted you or @inkatouring to own this car next. ? But both of you already have gorgeous cars - and Alpinas too!

Jason

How come you're selling this one?

58 minutes ago, golf73 said:

How come you're selling this one?

Space mostly - we have five cars and 3 need to go. Then I need to add one back in for my son who is now 16 and I hope to get something newer but something we can work on together. I also want to focus on my blue car (see tagline) - a car I have owned for 20 years and was my daily for 12+ of them. It's stripped for paint but I need time and space to prep it further.

All good. We've had it for 18 years and I'm ok with the concept that we are all stewards of these cars anyway.

~Jason

• Like 5

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

tiitii with Alpina?  Regardless - a nice and extremely interesting car with lots of cool and discussable stuff.

If 2782045 is the number of the "replacement" block, the car into which it was originally installed might have the same birthday (June 26, 1974; +/- 1 day) as my '74 tii (2782059).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gwb72tii said:

It's great car we can all agree, and I'm sure we'd all love to own/drive it.

But its a bit of a frankenstein, in a good way. It's really not a tii any more

The 'Alpina modifications' are more than acceptable....like when Pamela Anderson was modified with awesome 'parts' and her value only went up

(making her more desirable)

smoking (1).gif

Edited by iinca
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, iinca said:

The 'Alpina modifications' are more than acceptable....like when Pamela Anderson was modified with awesome 'parts' and her value only went up

(making her more desirable)

smoking (1).gif

Pamela Anderson?  Really?  More like when the smart girl, naturally born with big brains and great upbringing, hits the gym and gets super fit, too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

17 hours ago, Cooper said:

This has @CoastalCrush written all over it! Is your piggy bank big enough for this one?

It’s a really cool car thats for sure! Though it’s more of an alpina car than a Hardy&beck car (it does have H&B headers) . It’s a Tii with ALOT of really rare Alpina stuff put on by Hardy&beck/ Alpinawest . I like all the aftermarket stuff Hardy&beck made and branded, wheels, headers, airdams, turbo kits, valve covers, etc. 

I’ll bet this car brings a pretty penny though. It’s gorgeous, has all the rare period bits and I’ll bet its fun as hell to drive. 

• Like 6

Max-

73' BMW 2002

Member # 2329

7 hours ago, CoastalCrush said:

It’s a really cool car thats for sure! Though it’s more of an alpina car than a Hardy&beck car (it does have H&B headers) . It’s a Tii with ALOT of really rare Alpina stuff put on by Hardy&beck/ Alpinawest . I like all the aftermarket stuff Hardy&beck made and branded, wheels, headers, airdams, turbo kits, valve covers, etc. 

I’ll bet this car brings a pretty penny though. It’s gorgeous, has all the rare period bits and I’ll bet its fun as hell to drive. 

Hardy and Beck did put all those Alpina parts on there, indeed. They also tuned that baby to run like it should with all those new parts, that was the really special part, imo.

Would be fun as hell to drive, I agree. Wish I could.

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

11 hours ago, bmw_e30 said:

i'm with coop here

very nice car and belongs back in CA where it lived most of its life

Wait... Why do you guys get all the great ‘02’s? ?

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)