• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

3 hours ago, kbmb02 said:

Rebuilt a door panel using the kit from Dave Varco.

(Finding the correct, short, staples, at last...)

Varco door panel kit.

D840E91C-87F1-435B-9E99-4F8F04BFEF95.jpeg

What are you using for the plastic door fasteners?

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

Broke my Speedo (now fixed) it is surprisingly hard to find a KMH Tii Speedo so had mine rebuilt. Needs fitting!

Then fitted my BMW Momo horn button from Hans (great guy to deal with)

I like  it better than the Momo yellow arrow button.

81AC6C60-3480-47CF-A68A-61C3CCA391E3.jpeg

Edited by SydneyTii
  • Like 3

Finished installing the 40’s and first shake down drive. Was a little concerned I would not feel a huge benefit as I had my synch-linked 32/36 running so well. After the first drive all fears gone - just do it, awesome! I actually don’t know if it is much (or any...) faster right now but at the very least it is the same and with 40’s under the hood and THAT noise. So, so glad I did it!
Also with Ireland’s recommended and supplied jetting staying right in the 12-13.5:1 range throughout!

9631F20C-8B3B-4373-AA80-3EAF633082E6.jpeg

Edited by sam1904
  • Like 7

2022 Defender 110 30th Edition

1976 BMW 2002 - Evolving...

22 hours ago, sam1904 said:

Finished installing the 40’s and first shake down drive. Was a little concerned I would not feel a huge benefit as I had my synch-linked 32/36 running so well. After the first drive all fears gone - just do it, awesome! I actually don’t know if it is much (or any...) faster right now but at the very least it is the same and with 40’s under the hood and THAT noise. So, so glad I did it!
Also with Ireland’s recommended and supplied jetting staying right in the 12-13.5:1 range throughout!

Very nice! Are there any other mods to the motor? Where did you end up for jetting? I recently installed DCOE 40s on my otherwise stock (except for IE header and stainless exhaust) '73. I have been going back and forth between 50f8 and 55f8 idle jets. Here's where I am now. I still run richer than I'd like throughout the RPM range though. 

image.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, man_mark_7 said:

Very nice! Are there any other mods to the motor? Where did you end up for jetting? I recently installed DCOE 40s on my otherwise stock (except for IE header and stainless exhaust) '73. I have been going back and forth between 50f8 and 55f8 idle jets. Here's where I am now. I still run richer than I'd like throughout the RPM range though. 

image.png

I have a stock (and old) motor and until recently thought a stock cam. I just noticed that it has a yellow and red paint stripe / ring on it so it now appears it is at least a regrind but I have no idea what! I have the IE mechanical Dist, step header and stainless exhaust.

I gave IE my set up and then to start just bolted on the carbs as supplied. The markings made by IE on the box state:

• Main: 120
  • Idle: 50F9
  • Air: No change

There were also 115 Mains and 45 F9( (Idle jet / bleed?) in a baggie that I assume were what the carb came with to IE. As of now I do not know the rest of the set up and wish I had pulled everything out and made notes before installing! I am also not sure if IE verified float levels prior to shipping and as such will need to check this.

The good news is it starts well and runs well. No stumbles and seems to stay in the high 13:1, low 14:1 range throughout the range only leaning out slightly further at high RPM's (high 14's)

As it is  fun car and not daily driver I am going to go a little richer on the mains to try and get in to the 12:5:1 range and am thinking 125 or 130? (likely 130)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2022 Defender 110 30th Edition

1976 BMW 2002 - Evolving...

My car always starts right up cold within the first second or two and I drive it all the time. Was running fine yesterday. This morning it just cranked, never even partially fired up. After the first attempt I got out and opened the hood suspecting a loose wire on the coil or maybe a loose distributor cap.  Cap and coil wires looked good so I removed the distributor cap to see what's up.  Found significant corrosion on the contact points around the rim of the distro and a surprisingly large amount of green copper oxide corrosion which I have never seen before.   I think water must have got under the cap a week or two ago during a wet storm.

I wiped down the inside of my 123Distribtor and hit the rotor and distributor contacts with some sandpaper and she fired right up good as new. I then drove about 180 miles for a Mom visit. I think I'll buy a spare cap and rotor. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 9:49 AM, Mike A said:

What are you using for the plastic door fasteners?

Yes - Aardvarc has the fasteners. I purchased a box of them online somewhere a while back, but don’t have that receipt in front of me right now. -KB

• Thanks 1

Been about a decade since the fluid was changed in the trans (245). The oil looked pretty damn good and not as much metal on the plug as I thought there would be after that long - happy surprises. Trans is a little quieter now and shifts smoother.

4A0DD00D-7F98-4DBC-ACAE-6B3FD0DA252F.jpeg

F9BCD55D-C232-461E-AC32-21E264D0BD84.jpeg

Edited by FunElan
  • Like 7

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167