• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Not much happening on the 02 front right now.

Survivor is snug in garage and its project engine is delayed waiting on parts, and waiting and waiting ?IMG_9111.JPG

Had hoped to be further along by now but oh well.

I did remove the worn crank timing chain sprocket today.  No puller I own would budge it so I cut a slot and hit/spread it with a chisel ala TobyB.

It slid right off.?

IMG_2922.JPG

IMG_4491.JPG

IMG_7318.JPG

IMG_9111.JPG

Edited by tech71
  • Sad 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

Long overdue cleanup of my engine bay, more to do but refitted my original airbox, I quite like the sound they make at WOT, new plug leads & new battery to be fitted, not moving my battery now as my tray unbolts in all of 5 mins, it only needs to come out for the few times a year I’m in there. It’s not that bad and I’ve decided it looks kinda normal there to me now.

Before + After

9471132D-D533-4A4B-B46F-7E8B72D71ABA.png

3B316C52-3438-4A32-B9DF-21BA44846275.jpeg

Edited by SydneyTii
  • Like 11

Installed this wacky Abarth steering wheel because why the hell not? I like weird stuff

F7FA88A8-8A80-4B33-9E30-869FDEFA9406_1_102_o.jpeg

Also popped the top of the 32/36 off to install a new power valve, and then discovered that the secondary enrichment port wasn't plugged. Pops put a gasket in there, and then I recorded the jets I have in there, which seem way off from CD's prescription. This carb was rebuilt by a shop a while back before I was driving it regularly. It runs great, maybe just uses a little more fuel than I like. Hoping someone can provide some insight into these #s:

Idle Jets: 65/50

Air correctors: 170/165

mains: 150/155

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

6 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

Long overdue cleanup of my engine bay, more to do but refitted my original airbox, I quite like the sound they make at WOT, new plug leads & new battery to be fitted, not moving my battery now as my tray unbolts in all of 5 mins, it only needs to come out for the few times a year I’m in there. It’s not that bad and I’ve decided it looks kinda normal there to me now.

Before + After

Looking great. That yellowed washerbottle just needs to go now and be replaced by a new fresh one 

7 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

Before + After

What method was used to add camber? :)

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

2 hours ago, Dick318is said:

Looking great. That yellowed washerbottle just needs to go now and be replaced by a new fresh one 

Lol, yes, it leaks as well.  I’m sitting here looking at the new one from Jaymic, will be in this week!

just contemplating crinkle coat for the rocker cover or cleaned up standard one.

Finally got the Cromodora's installed with some BMW center caps I put together....still waiting on the Cromodora center caps from Italy, but I kinda like the BMW caps.  Transformed the car and I love the look.

Cromodora 1.jpg

Cromodora 2.jpg

Edited by MurphinDC
New Pictures
  • Like 8

Hi all, today I struggle to install my renew 5 speed gearbox on the engine which is in the car... I could not align the gearbox correctly.
So after reading all the tips I found after a search on this forum, I found a helpfull page with many  valuable infos...all seems ok on my side, so I'll give it another try probably Tuesday. Just one detail I didn't find: do we have to slightly tilt the engine on its rubber support or not?

Thanks and Merry Xmas everyone!

Now that the car is in for paint, working on other priorities- cleaned the gas tank and gas lines, brake lines, fuel sender and in tank fuel filter. Also, felt the creativity bug. Since there won’t be any smoking in the car, I converted the rear ashtrays to tweeter housings. Came out pretty nice. 

5FCA9998-882C-453F-8763-4F84947B63BC.jpeg

9B408F40-61DC-4EED-9E86-42EA30993484.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BarneyT said:

Took it for a drive Thur the Texas hill country this afternoon,  up to 1500 miles on rebuild 72tii...

567AC12A-29AF-41C5-9C3C-AF0EA9C942D5.jpeg

F4EB3CD8-E61A-475C-9C97-626A80B08D87.jpeg

Barney, how fast did you have to be going to cover 1500 miles in an afternoon? 

?

-Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

On 12/19/2020 at 11:13 PM, FunElan said:

Installed this wacky Abarth steering wheel because why the hell not? I like weird stuff

F7FA88A8-8A80-4B33-9E30-869FDEFA9406_1_102_o.jpeg

For real, though, what's up with that wheel?  What's the going straight orientation?

I'm with you on weird crap- and that wheel is definitely there...

• Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.