• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Driving my old car today, My son Ellis needed to use my truck while his is being repaired so he dropped off his 72 golf as trade…i had to do a water color.

D9317C4F-225B-4103-8D23-8B3F6A95647F.jpeg

5A469A29-F8B7-4576-A91E-D7F2D8E5E11A.jpeg

FC1D2BD6-E9C7-4AEF-8514-BA6B129564ED.png

Edited by BarneyT
  • Like 9

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

47 minutes ago, FunElan said:

82B82A7C-624C-4005-8B9C-13D2F702F8C2_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.06256bc5e5084a3cbbc4e4f6f8217cbf.jpeg

My 02 got a new friend

The world's best handling fwd car or so the Lotus Elan m100 was called at the time of its debut. They weren't very popular due to the high cost.

Its funny though that new cars today are following the same fwd small engine with a turbocharger formula.

@2002iii It cost Lotus $27k to build, so they stickered at $39k new in '91. I'm pretty sure mine sold eventually in '93 for much less than that. 

It handles better than my BMWs, that's for certain. In a corner, there's no indication at all which wheels are doing the driving. 

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

I cleaned out the rear part of both front wheel wells this afternoon, removing a surprising amount of pebbles, sand, needles and caked on road dirt. All told, probably 2 dust pans worth of debris was chiseled out of each side ending up on the garage floor. 

After that I liberally sprayed down the entire area with 3M cavity wax. I decided it was a good opportunity to extend the sun roof drain lines down to below the wheel well. I left the garage heater and a fan running in tonight to let the cavity wax have a chance to dry a bit before taking it back out in the elements. All in all I was happy with the condition of the metal back there. 

DSC_0627.JPG

Edited by 7502
grammer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 7502 said:

I cleaned out the real part of both front real wheel wells this afternoon, removing a surprising amount of pebbles, sand, needles and caked on road dirt. All told, probably 2 dust pans worth of debris was chiseled out of each side ending up on the garage floor. 

After that I liberally sprayed down the entire area with 3M cavity wax. I decided it was a good opportunity to extend the sun roof drain lines down to below the wheel well. I left the garage heater and a fan running in tonight to let the cavity wax have a chance to dry a bit before taking it back out in the elements. All in all I was happy with the condition of the metal back there. 

DSC_0627.JPG

When I cleaned that same area out on my car I was surprised how much junk was in there. I even found a small neodymium magnet stuck to the metal.

Dont for get to check around the  back of the trunk seal under the rear glass, junk builds up there too.

I removed the chrome trim on another 02 and a bunch of dirt fell out and was caked inside the trim.

On 12/13/2021 at 4:18 PM, 2002iii said:

The world's best handling fwd car or so the Lotus Elan m100 was called at the time of its debut. They weren't very popular due to the high cost.

Its funny though that new cars today are following the same fwd small engine with a turbocharger formula.

Fun fact, the plastic in the body parts is the same they used in toilet seats. It also shrank a bit so the engineers needed to build the body parts oversized to account for the dimensional change.  ... Thanks Richard Hammond... 

• Haha 1

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

On 12/18/2021 at 7:01 PM, 7502 said:

I cleaned out the rear part of both front wheel wells this afternoon, removing a surprising amount of pebbles, sand, needles and caked on road dirt. All told, probably 2 dust pans worth of debris was chiseled out of each side ending up on the garage floor. 

DSC_0627.JPG

By using a smaller tube pushed up inside the original, you have created a possible blockage set-up. I would suggest using a hose/tube that fits over the original.

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

On 12/20/2021 at 9:07 AM, PapaG said:

Spent the weekend dismantling, cleaning and starting to restore my very tired and dirty heater box

I’m right there with you… this is sitting in front of me right now. Mouse fluff to be revealed soon. 

836B57A4-03FD-45AB-8A6D-907908444393.jpeg

• Like 3

73 02 Inka

05 M3 Schwarz 2

67 912 Light Ivory