• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Made a start on replacing my steering box. Started a bit late in the day and needed to regroup as I can’t remove the Pitman arm joint at the draglink. Having a chill out beer and will try again in the morning when refreshed. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

8 hours ago, golf73 said:

I went out to the garage and told Golfie, I love you, and your restoration will be starting in 2019

Hey, it’s a start! ?

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 12/30/2018 at 10:37 PM, Doug Riparetti said:

Circle track guys have been successfully running the same Mikuni VM round-slide motorcycle carbs since the early 80's on a variety of 4-cylinder motor combinations. I'm not sure what year they started running the 44's, but the car I won the Madera Speedway "Track Championship" in 1999 had the 44mm carbs, (the car was built in 1994).

My brothers car was built in1994, it has the Mikuni 44mm VM round-slide motorcycle carbs.  I just took our knowledge from all the years of racing circle track and successfully brought over to my "2002".....

How's the intake noise with the carbs?  Sound good?  Do you prefer the Mikunis over the Keihin FCRs because you're more familiar with them?

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

That was bullshit... CCDFD3AE-E380-4F1A-8EBE-C9482E82D8CC.thumb.jpeg.7f28c63bbc323bf2b1c1345dea2e72f6.jpeg
The leading lining was stuck to the drum. No amount of heat and hammering would brake it loose. 
Well....apparently SOME amount of heat broke it loose! Looks like a major PITA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Dave R.

1975 Inka 2002a