walkinfool

Have a heart and win 4 new Tii alloy wheels from Blunttech

35 posts / 5766 viewsLast Reply

About 10 years ago, my very fit and active father in law was diagnosed with severe heart disease. Several of his coronary arteries were partially or completely blocked and he needed bypass surgery. He underwent successful surgery but I still felt helpless during that time and wanted to find a way to support the American Heart Association (AHA) – the organization that helped my father in law. Coincidentally, that same year my employer was partnering with the AHA and challenged its employees to help raise money for much needed heart disease research by joining the first annual Portland Heart Walk. I immediately joined and combined my passion for walking with a desire to help a worthwhile organization. I have continued to support the American Heart Association each year and was hoping you would consider helping them as well.

For many of us FAQers, Blunttech www.blunttech.com/ has been a godsend. When we need a part for our ’02, they're at the ready. Their service is fast and their prices are nearly unbeatable. This year, I decided to get creative and asked Blunttech to consider helping me with my annual AHA fundraising. Without hesitation, they said yes and agreed to provide a brand spanking new set of Tii Alloy wheels ($852 value) and a set of hubcaps ($167.60 value) for a fundraising raffle. (Note: The winner may choose the wheels and hubcaps or any item or combination of items from BluntTech where the value is equal to or less than the combined value of the wheels and hubcaps).

The net proceeds from the raffle will go directly to the American Heart Association to help support research that is vital to improving prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and after-care of heart and stroke patients.

For a chance at winning, purchase your raffle ticket today for only $25 using PayPal, or a personal check. There is no limit to how many raffle tickets you can purchase but only 200 tickets will be sold.

To participate, you must be at least 18 years of age and purchase a raffle ticket by February 15, 2013. One lucky winner will be randomly selected on February 16, 2013 and announced on the FAQ shortly thereafter. BluntTech will ship the wheels and hubcaps to the winner for free within the continental United States. In the unlikely event that it is necessary for the raffle to be cancelled, each ticket purchaser will be issued a full refund. (Note: Free shipping will be offered unless the selected item is oversized and then the winner will be responsible for shipping costs).

For more information on the American Heart Association, please check out the event web page at www.PDXheartwalk.org

Thank you for supporting the American Heart Association and good luck!

Mitchell Schain (aka walkinfool)

[email protected]

’72 Malaga 2002

Purchase raffle ticket through Paypal www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/make-online-payments

(use my email address and enter $25). I will issue one electronic raffle number via email for each ticket purchased.

2012/2013 American Heart Association BluntTech Wheel Raffle Fundraiser.

As of 2/4/13

**** 55 raffle tickets have been sold ****

As a reminder, only 200 raffle tickets will be sold. The raffle began on 12/12/12 and will end on 2/15/13 (or sooner, if all raffle tickets have been sold).

Good luck and thank you all for your generous support!

post-18153-13667667343354_thumb.jpg

i'm in and good for you & steve with what you're doing

Mitchell: I just found this thread. Great idea: teaming up with Blunttech to raise research funds for the AHA. Thanks.

BTW: I'm in, too!