• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Win a sunroof '73 2002

Mike Self

You can win a "refreshed" (by Carl Nelson at LaJolla Independent, so it's gonna be nice) sunroof 73 2002; it's being raffled off by the BMW CCA; $25 tickets.  Here's the site for more information and to buy a ticket: https://www.bmwcca.org/classic-raffle?utm_source=AA&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=classicraffle&utm_content=button bmwcca.org/classic-raffle .

mike

image.thumb.png.775505cc9ab66d2a6c3f3673db9ed14d.png

You have to be a CCA member to participate...perhaps an incentive to join?  Lotsa benefits including parts price discounts from a number of suppliers, the Roundel magazine (with great columns by The Hack Mechanic, etc), local chapter activities nationwide etc...

And yes, it is Nevada...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

On 11/3/2023 at 12:55 PM, Dug Nichols said:

That's a sweet looking car. I love Nevada.

Me, too!  The raffle car was at the SoCal Vintage on Saturday.  A very nice restoration.  There was another 2002 Nevada car that was also on display that was also restored to a high level.  Slight differences in the paint formulas, but both would look great in anyone's garage.

Mark92131

IMG_3981.JPG

IMG_3978.JPG

IMG_3980.JPG

IMG_3979.JPG

• Like 3

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

1. BMW CCA reserves the right to substitute a cash prize of equal value. Federal taxes will be withheld. If a prize does not include a cash allotment for payment of federal taxes, a certified check made payable to the BMW CCA for required tax withholdings must be received by BMW CCA prior to Winner taking title to the prize..

Dont really like the sound of that… Wonder what the “cash allotment” is / what the tax hit apparently due in cash will be.

Something else I’m wondering about… where is the car located to be picked up at?

La Jolla or???? 
It matters

enthusiasm has cooled somewhat

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

5 hours ago, tech71 said:

BMW CCA reserves the right to substitute a cash prize of equal value.

There my be a significant disagreement as to what equal value is.

• Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

And if CCA doesn't sell $137,500 worth of tickets they cancel the raffle and refund all ticket purchases. Seems they may be undercutting their fund raising to cancel for a car worth maybe 20-25K on today's market.... unless they estimate 137K to be the value... imagine the taxes, fees, dealer prep on that! 

'Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

Robert Hunter, Scarlet Begonias.

Gunther March 19, 1974. Hoffman Motors march 22 1974 NYC

On 11/6/2023 at 12:11 PM, 02Les said:

Silly question. Was Nevada an available colour choice in 1973?

I wondered about that too.  Not according to the catalogs, paint color listings etc. 

AFAIK Nevada was last "officially" used in 1971, but knowing BMW...if they had a couple of 100 liter containers of Nevada left over at the end of '71 production...I did see a very early '72 tii painted Nevada and that was its original color.  And if you knew the right people at the plant, and didn't order it through Max, who knows?

mike

• Like 3

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I already have my tickets and I’m feeling lucky, it would be interesting to know what the value of the car is for tax due after winning purposes… where ever the car is located I’m flying there and driving it back home. 

• Like 1

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

Denker, it definitely needs to go to the RGB!!!

Threw my hat in the ring.  I never win stuff like this.  I’ve done the CCA raffles on and off for decades - bupkis.  

Nice Nevada ‘73, though.  Lots to like.  Although now we know it was some other color, originally.

5 speed, AC, the old alloys, 320is steering wheel, Recaros…you could rule the world with that thing. 

Scott

Edited by saaron

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI