• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOS 02 bodyshell - Germany

D.martijn

So doing my close to weekly marketplace search I stumbled across this..

Brand new 02 bodyshell located in Germany. Definitely saves quite some time on the welding...

I've found these before for the E30 model but never an 02..

There are some difference regarding the (small bead) welding of the inner A panel to firewall and front shocktower brace. Or is this a square light/late model difference?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

0d5a9835-6b95-406c-b15d-3f721d33f214?rul
WWW.EBAY-KLEINANZEIGEN.DE

Nagelneue bmw 2002 tii Karosse vom Werk,Neue bmw e10 2002 Karosserie in Bayern - Lindau

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, kiva667 said:

Would there be a VIN # on the shell?

I dont see a number.

Can you imagine having that sitting in your shop just waiting to have a rusty or wrecked donor transplanted into it?

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

1 hour ago, tech71 said:

I dont see a number.

Can you imagine having that sitting in your shop just waiting to have a rusty or wrecked donor transplanted into it?

I just want to have it hanging on my wall. Ultimate man cave centerpiece. 

3 hours ago, kiva667 said:

Would there be a VIN # on the shell?

No VIN on a replacement chassis, which this appears to be.

I’d be curious when they made the last full chassis — here, we only know that it must post-date the introduction of the square taillight in August 1973. Perhaps the welding differences can be explained by this being a very late build, after ‘02 assembly-line builds had ended (and, thus, assembly methods might differ).

Regardless, it’s interesting!

Regards,

Steve

• Like 3

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I know at least a few complete shells like this one were actually supplied by the factory.  The Inka '73 tii that Mobile Tradition (what's now BMW Classic) constructed back in 2005/06 began with a complete roundie body shell they found at a dealership somewhere in northern Germany.  It was then transported back to Mobile Tradition's workshop and built as a new 2002tii, using rebuilt and/or new parts available through BMW. 

There are several videos on You Tube that document the process.  The car was then displayed both in Europe and here in the States.  I got to drive it for a Roundel story and photo shoot back in 2006--the article is probably in the December 06 or January 07 issue...

mike

• Like 4

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

The existence of a complete shell from a dealer to use for whatever doesn't make sense.  In the years where these cars were fairly new, a car that might have needed a full shell would be totaled and scrapped.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.