• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chevy Vega Wheels

Milo

If I remember correctly, it was Chevette wheels that had 4x100 bolt pattern and a reasonable '02 offset. Not that I can recall the last time I saw a Chevette on the road or in a junkyard... 

• Like 2

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

1980 cruising home from high school in my friends Vega GT. He had to race that guy in the pickup truck.... and spun out in the ditch on the only curve in the road. Trashed the car, Blondie still playing on the radio. We walked home. For Texas, back in the day he was a free spirit from California with a bugeye sprite project. He replaced the Vega with a 68' 1600. I later bought that car from him for $300. The rest is history!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot

+1 on Opel 4X100 wheels,  I've seen them on an 02 and they look decent. NM, NA, etc... they are out there and they are cheap.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/d/opel-gt1900-rims-wheels-13/7119428662.html

While we are on this topic,  might as well bring this old Opel wheel thread back to life.

Edited by Gordon

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Amusingly, Opel is also a GM brand, originally German. 

Just like the Capri came from Ford Australia,

also, the Pontiac G8 is Oz.  Long live Holden.

t

still wouldn't kick an Opel GT out of the barn.

But would claim it was a teenage acquisition.

• Haha 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

23 minutes ago, Gordon said:

they are out there and they are cheap.

That is a confusing ad in your link.  Are the wheels $25 each, or $150 each?  (not that I am interested either way)

I HAVE A TWO(2) SETS OF OPEL GT1900 RIMS/WHEELS

13" RIMS/WHEELS

RARE ORIGINAL RIMS @ $25 EACH

MOVING MUST SELL

CALLS ONLY

CALL ALEX AT: show contact info

CASH ONLY $600 EACH SET

Agree, I have no idea of what Alex was smoking before he posted that ad. I initially read it as 25 each for wheel but the 600 cash for each set at the bottom has me confused.  Maybe it's a typo, 60 each for each set.

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Omg, all this Vega talk has triggered a memory of the 70’s when my dad was a car salesman and had access to cars. He brought home a manual transmission and tried to teach my mom how to drive it with my brother and I in the car as hostages. It took all of 15 minutes for her to completely hate the car, and to never attempt to learn to drive a stick shift. Sorry, now what were you talking about?? ?

• Haha 1

'72 Malaga 23Mar1972

'72 Malaga 11Jul1972
'09 Impreza
'11 Specialized hybrid

I have Opel rims, 5 x 13, good-looking no doubt — probably as attractive as an Alpina (CMR) steel rim! They are also, as reported previously, plentiful and cheap. But... all my examples are ET37, so you’d probably want 8 mm. spacers (and longer lug studs) to adjust them to a more “‘02-friendly” offset (ET29 in this case). Most steel rims manufactured before 1975, however, do not have an offset stamped or cast into the rim. So get out your rulers and start measuring!

Regards,

Steve

FB002D25-4BEE-40F9-96DC-2727EAE328D6.jpeg

05BCCAB2-EBAA-46C6-8EAF-8368742CEC30.jpeg

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

From the days when these cars (2002s, Vegas, Opels, Chevettes) were new:

• Vega wheels are indeed 4 x 4" --won't fit an '02 (same with old Mazdas)
  • Chevette wheels are not only 4 x 100mm, they're made by Lemmetz and have the correct offset for an '02.  No longer plentiful in junkyards but a little scrounging will turn some up.
  • The best Opel wheels (all are 4 x 100 mm, made by Lemmetz) are the plain 5j x 13 wheels used on their station wagons.  2002 wheel covers fit 'em and other than the valve stem location, they look exactly like roundie tii wheels:  5j x 13.  There were styled steel wheels used on the Mantas and GTs--some were even chromed--that bolt right on to a 2002 but won't accept the BMW wheel covers--just the little center caps.

mike

Edited by mike
  • Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

While we are piling on the nostalgia/will it fit wheel trip....

You can “reverse” a set of early VW Beetle wheels for the “wide track” look by removing the hub cap clips.

Obtaining a set of wheel adaptors can make a set of cheap Chevy steel wheels fit on an air cooled Beetle. 

Both of the above statements were tried on off road VW’s, but safety did take a back seat at the time.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"