• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pick favorite color of 2 shown

esty

2 hours ago, Mark92131 said:

Malaga is a beautiful color when the painter gets it right, (not right below), the car pictured above seems pretty correct for that color.  Hard to tell if the picture of the "white" car is Chamonix, could be the lighting, could be the paint.  Looks a little bright for Chamonix.  Both Chamonix and Malaga look good with tan interiors, but I would give the nod to Malaga.

I am also struggling with paint color choices for my 1970 1600, originally Nevada / Tobacco Interior project.  Door & rear panels are in great shape, no seats and I have a World Upholstery Tan carpet kit for it.  I am not a huge fan of Nevada, but would like to keep the paint relatively correct for the year and model.  It would be nice to know what colors were offered with Tobacco interiors to narrow down the choices, otherwise, I may just swap out the interior completely and paint it Polaris.

Mark92131

00y0y_gn3pzwELvRK_600x450.jpg

Thank goodness we have many choices for BMW paint colors!  My Tii isn’t really Malaga until parked next to another car.   My 69 2002 started out Nevada/tan and I changed it to Riviera/tan.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

my favorite is white but it seems Malaga is winning and that makes my burning inner question easier to answer...although i'm partial to White

i plan to sell my 76, owned by me for the past 42 years, which was originally Malaga...in '05, i painted it the red/white that it is now...it's showing it's age again because i drive the car...it doesn't sit in a glass cage, out of UV and environmental contaminants...i'm going to strip and repaint when the weather breaks in the mid south...original color, even though it may not be a universal favorite, is better and may make the car more desirable

xxxx.jpg.d168d6513f336c16e25a6a31ef59f4ab.jpg

I like Malaga on round tail lights. For some reason I never liked any square light cars with malaga paint and maybe because I saw too many square tail malaga cars with faded paint. When a malaga painted car fades it's just unbearable. 

BTW, that white doesnt look like the correct shade of 2002 white (Chamonix). Should have a lot more rich creamy input.