• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FAQ Web Page Stop Script Problem

Einspritz

For about a Month I have been having problems with the FAQ creating "stop script" issues.

This problem has caused deletions to several long well though out solutions for FAQ'ers.

It happens on both PC and Android using Chrome and Firefox as well as Apple Safari on an old iPad.

I have changed the latency of allowing the script to run longer and have opened pretty much all the site in my firewall and other programs.

I "am told" that there is nothing wrong with the site. I the debugger shows it is the same java script over and over....

It ONLY happens on the bmw2002FAQ.

Any insights on how to get around this?

Thanks!

• Like 1

I have the same issue for about a month to 6 weeks.  Not so bad on my desktop with Win7 pro but it happens for a shorter lockup period, but with the small laptop and Win7 Home on it, the site can lock for 3-4 minutes.  Locks Chrome so no other tabs can be accessed.  I have to kill the tab and restart FAQ.  

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I changed the wait time to 35 seconds to limited avail.

So, with kindness, dear webmaster, this seems to be a site issue. Please  review again, or have your Invision Community web designer try to solve it.

It will be much appreciated.

The stop script can be found when the requestor comes up, choose "Debug", It is always the same script. I suspect it's an ad server.

Runs fine on my (don't laugh) AOL access as well as Microsoft Edge...

mike

• Haha 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

9 minutes ago, mike said:

Runs fine on my (don't laugh) AOL access as well as Microsoft Edge...

and Nokia brick ?  Flipphone?  :)

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Same experience - I get website start/stop delays whenever I come to the site. Predominately Chrome access on Ubuntu 18.04 and macOS 10.14.6.

Edited by JsnPpp

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

It seems to be an Internet Explorer problem with me. I opened the site up with Chrome and there's np problem. My problem with FAQ happened when I tried to open a post with excessively large picture files.  I rebooted after a frustrating week or so and the problem disappeared.

Edited by Mike A

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

Not sure if this is the same issue you've described.  I'm using Chrome on laptops & get a "lock-up" when initially scrolling through the posts or through the thread responses.  After ~10 seconds I'm able to scroll normally.  I've only encountered this on 2002FAQ.

• Like 3

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I have this problem periodically, but not for the past couple of weeks...  (Older Mac running outdated version of FF.  Need to switch to Linux.)

Did recently update Adobe Flash though...

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.