• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

What was meant to be the replacement of both clutch cylinders (slave had sprung a minor leak), turned out to be a more extensive restoration, including the pedal box, pedal springs and bushings with box insulating padding.

The padding installation was more involved than simply slipping it in place. There's insufficient space between the box and the left fender frame. So, the box was removed again to allow the padding to be placed in that small space. No glue was used since the lateral part was held in place at the fender, the medial side secured by the accelerator mechanism and the speedometer cable providing the final fixation of the padding.

Now, to bleed the cylinders.

Gurmail

1117689594_PedalBoxInsulation.thumb.jpeg.9c71cb91b4243078ea056c6e939e3b96.jpeg

• Like 6

1968 BMW 1600

Picked up a set of MVP reproduction Euro ambers (ignore the open walls in the back, redoing the garage).

Looks way better than the U.S. bubble lenses IMO lol. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at the quality of these.

image.thumb.jpeg.d6391113cbd599d77591779fe8405907.jpeg

Edited by 72MetallicMalaga
Forgot text.
  • Like 15

'72 Metallic Malaga 2002 with a '73 M10 | Dual Weber DCOE 40s | E21 5spd and LSD | Pertronix II

1 hour ago, 72MetallicMalaga said:

Picked up a set of MVP reproduction Euro ambers (ignore the open walls in the back, redoing the garage).

Looks way better than the U.S. bubble lenses IMO lol. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at the quality of these.

image.thumb.jpeg.d6391113cbd599d77591779fe8405907.jpeg

Nice!  Mine are in a box, waiting for the rest of the car to catch up.  Along with about a hundred other boxes of puzzle pieces.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just make sure with those MVP lights that the running light connections don't ground out against the body (fender) of your car.  Tape, or rubber over that metal electrical connection helps a lot.  I was impressed with the quality of those too.  Good stuff!

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Finally after 8+ weeks, the cylinder head and freshly bored block for Franzi's replacement engine are back from the machine shop.

Had to skim the head it a bit, at least this time I remembered to send along the upper timing cover😁

Itching to get started on assembly but I just committed to a major "honey do" bathroom remodel, paint is purchased and the new vanity is currently taking up space in the living room.

Drat!

IMG_2891.JPG

IMG_2892.JPG

IMG_2900.JPG

• Like 4

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

On 9/15/2022 at 8:12 AM, 72MetallicMalaga said:

Looks way better than the U.S. bubble lenses

Agree! Looks great .... but now your side reflectors stick out more than the turn signals.

How about replacing those with stick-on reflector tape. Much more aerodynamic? %&#*

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, John76 said:

Agree! Looks great .... but now your side reflectors stick out more than the turn signals.

How about replacing those with stick-on reflector tape. Much more aerodynamic? %&#*

Would eventually like to just shave them off and repaint!

• Like 1

'72 Metallic Malaga 2002 with a '73 M10 | Dual Weber DCOE 40s | E21 5spd and LSD | Pertronix II

Attemptetd to lower the height of the forward edge of the sunroof. Of course, I raised it instead, making it worse.

DSC_0884.thumb.JPG.d99acf6949474563a983cf252cf89d26.JPG

Got back in there and reversed my initial adjustments and then some. My newly straightened and recovered headliner panel is still a bit difficult to slide in the channel but is serviceable.   Much better now.  I'll drop it a bit more soon, maybe tomorrow. DSC_0885.thumb.JPG.9a48e0d12206524e1901a47a291cf418.JPGtill needs to

I also re-calibrated my AFR gauge this morning. It stopped working last week and just got hung up during the boot up sequence. Seems to be working properly now, but who knows it might crap out in the near future.

• Like 3