• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Loading the car now and then I will drive it west on I-90 as far as I can on the 1500 mile return trip to Washington.  No more FAQ fun for me for a few days.  No smart phone... no radio... and not the least bit boring.  I sure like driving my car.  Hopefully it goes as smoothly as the trip out!

Tom

• Like 12

I bought a 2nd one to keep it company. 

image.thumb.jpeg.39c6af159e67c24e0c332b0399bee5b1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2e0aabf1056448961a07e1e2444c419d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.60de48e1dc4f7534e7bf52cb643a9eef.jpeg

The cheapest price was from a figurine shop in japan, even with shipping the exchange rate made it worth it. 

Just... uh... 

image.thumb.jpeg.09fd1ecb7755874515ee571a14bd7791.jpeg

Yeah, japan. 

Kyosho Original 1/18 BTW. Really nicely detailed.  Usually you see those race cars or turbo models, but my car doesn't look anything like those.  This is a tii, but close enough. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Loaded up the 73 inka tii this morning  headed off to see my brother in Jasper, Arkansas then up to Bucks County Pennsylvania for a four day covered bridges tour with a bmw classic club group, over to Boston to visit some friends and then up to Saratoga springs New York for the vintage event there…

EFCA4F11-8C9A-4A83-BE24-DE7CA54699D2.jpeg

AEF2B841-9CD4-459A-8FE0-14229492ACCC.jpeg

913227B9-44BF-4352-BCE3-EBC562CC8EEE.jpeg

Edited by BarneyT
  • Like 16

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

33 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Barney-what's the trailer for?  😃

So my wife Tory will go…37 years since they started calling her lucky, happy wife happy life…trailer ride to Pennsylvania and back driving the rest.

Edited by BarneyT
  • Like 7

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

25 minutes ago, All Day said:

One more thing off the list! Recovered the trunk panels… so satisfying!

BAC1F44E-4FD6-428A-9275-82A6FED5BBBB.jpeg

F018ED80-7A5F-48F5-8B12-778FFE6A6BF9.jpeg

0117425C-A274-47C9-9704-0E25D352BACB.jpeg

85BB164F-AEC8-4EE3-BC0F-5117498805C4.jpeg

Cool! I covered mine with an esty trunk mat :)

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

5 hours ago, Puck02 said:

IE fiberglass bumper

Those came on my car. PO painted them body color, I just recently added a couple layers of fiberglass to the inside contour to stiffen them up a bit. Then painted shiny chrome with a spray can. You can't get much lighter that those but just make sure you  never contact anything w/ them.  If the diving boards are 5 mph impact these are 0.25 mpg impact. 

My PO did add a section of galvanized pipe behind the rear bumper to provide some minor strength but nothing extra for the front bumper.  I do like them for what they are and they are inexpensive.

3 hours ago, 7502 said:

Those came on my car. PO painted them body color, I just recently added a couple layers of fiberglass to the inside contour to stiffen them up a bit. Then painted shiny chrome with a spray can. You can't get much lighter that those but just make sure you  never contact anything w/ them.  If the diving boards are 5 mph impact these are 0.25 mpg impact. 

My PO did add a section of galvanized pipe behind the rear bumper to provide some minor strength but nothing extra for the front bumper.  I do like them for what they are and they are inexpensive.

Do you have pictures of the chrome paint you used? i did some research on options but didnt like the results i found. 

45 minutes ago, Puck02 said:

Do you have pictures of the chrome paint

I used Rustoleum 7718830 Bright Coat Chrome.  Make sure you shake it good throughout, on my final coat it dried a bit cloudy. Looked excellent after the first coats but got duller after the final coat. I think I didn't shake the can properly.

DSC_0887.JPG

• Like 4