• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Great photo! (Whups, didn't know how to attach the previous comment's photo)

The photo of the airport pickup.

Edited by bublinki
didn't know how to attach the previous comment's photo

Life is short, enjoy the ride!
L'Ultimo Ciclista, 200Km race, Nove Colli 2012

1976 Mint Grun

Philip

1 hour ago, bublinki said:

Great photo! (Whups, didn't know how to attach the previous comment's photo)

The photo of the airport pickup.

Yeah but they look a little too old for High School.

:D

• Haha 3

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

17 hours ago, 72MetallicMalaga said:

Yeah they were just straight up plug and play, no modifications necessary. They run a lot cooler than the halogens.

There's a good reference chart for bulbs on the discussions boards here, and I just picked up the corresponding LED bulbs.

There's four total in the roundie taillight housing. The backup, turn signal, and brake light are the same size and type, but the running taillight that's on when you have the lights on is a smaller size.

I added the links below, if you want to take a look. If you do replace them, might want to take the time to clean the contacts in the housing and bend them slightly forward so they have more "spring" action where it connects to the bulb.

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/articles/technical-articles/electrical-and-ignition/light-bulb-replacement-guide-r100/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X6DMVY3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083GBX2S4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for all this info, very helpful!!

10 hours ago, Eissmann said:

I finished scraping the last traces of the foam insulation under the hood. The old adhesive is really stubborn! I tried “pro strength” goof-off but it wasn’t breaking the old glue down. I may have to learn to live with it. 
04EAA492-C8EF-43A7-A1F9-D93CFB4DE671.thumb.jpeg.bad0c385fc975a0ed0de6b5e9ce1ad02.jpeg

This weekend I've been doing some work on my fiberglass bumpers. Never really liked the body colored paint on these things. Before painting them "shiny chrome", I added two layers of fiberglass to the insides to stiffen them up a bit and then painted 2 or 3 coats of high build primer, after a final sanding this morning I now have 1 coat of "chrome" rattle can paint. I'll do 1 more coat in a few hours and call it good.  Around here it's perfect painting weather.

DSC_0876.JPG

• Like 7

After far too long I got back to working on my rear brakes and managed to bend a brake line for the first time ever with some success!  What you're seeing there is a test fit, before finishing I'll be cleaning up and doing a little chassis painting in these areas ...

68451217472__04AB2974-084F-47C0-8AA8-5802756108B6.JPEG

68451033102__5ABEEC5F-AAD3-459E-A24C-11E145F2913D.JPEG

• Like 6