• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Replaced a set of silicone leads… won’t make that mistake again, went back to original style, but added heat proof socks to save the wires and caps, I don’t have any heat shield, new BPR6ES plugs as well. Noticed a very faint miss and tracked it down to ignition. Cleaned up plenum a bit and hit both it and the rocker with Penitrol, should be good for another 6 months without oxidation.

9DB3BDFC-AF0A-4327-A516-B789F9EF28D0.jpeg

Edited by SydneyTii
  • Like 5

A few days late to post, but last week I picked up my 76 with a newly-rebuilt-and-installed (with Blunt's awesome kit) Getrag 245 in it. After two false starts of hauling faulty transmissions in and out of the underside of the car, I wasn't looking forward to crawling back under there. I said "F*#& this!", swallowed my pride, and hired a good local shop to do the work. For anyone in the Philly area, I highly recommend J&J Motors in Bryn Mawr. Jay knows his stuff, is honest, and has a longstanding collab with a local Getrag guru for internal transmission stuff. He also typically has an eclectic assortment in-shop at any given time. When I first pulled up, there was a Camry, a Lambo, an E30, a VW bus, and a Delorean in the lot, and a couple air-cooled 911s on lifts inside.

I also had Jay install my sexy new Danjer extended control arms. I'll need to do a little fender massaging to get rid of some rubbing under load, but the handling is terrific. 

I'm now finally getting around to replacing the original carpet with Esty's beautiful kit. 

IMG_8268.jpg

• Like 8

MattL

1976 BMW 2002 Pastellblau

Philadelphia 'Burbs

3 hours ago, MattL said:

IMG_8268.jpg

Nice looking car!

what brand are those minilite style wheels?

Totally Carl, needs to happen!

4 hours ago, OriginalOwner said:

a tii that clean is begging to have it's picture taken in front of the Hotel Palisade!!!

Edited by SydneyTii

MattL,

"After two false starts of hauling faulty transmissions in and out of the underside of the car, I wasn't looking forward to crawling back under there. I said "F*#& this!", swallowed my pride, and hired a good local shop to do the work." 

I feel your pain.  Only 2?  You were lucky.  Doing everything (except shortening the DS) by myself took only 8, 10, don't really remember, re-installs.  Still having night sweats and flashbacks.  Quite a challenging and educational process, indeed.  However, the reduction of 800 or so rpms in OD surely sounds (actually, don't sound) and feel sweet.  Glad I did it.   You will be, too.

Larry 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

Replaced a set of silicone leads… won’t make that mistake again, went back to original style, but added heat proof socks to save the wires and caps, I don’t have any heat shield, new BPR6ES plugs as well. 

What is the issue with silicone leads?

Dennis

Finished polishing for now. 

Before:

CEE2EEC0-51EA-442C-9992-73DB1284BDA3.thumb.jpeg.3e2a01054385bd231927524ad564369d.jpeg

After:

1A398468-671B-4173-894C-6D0FE89E9D06.thumb.jpeg.abf7d0bdea5b1a9e6afa171e2100b1f2.jpeg

Still need to work the nose, but I have to sort out the best grills out of a couple sets I have. 

Now on to getting the mechanical bits sorted. 

EdZ

• Like 12

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

3 hours ago, Pdxguy said:

What is the issue with silicone leads?

I thought they’d stand up to the exhaust heat, like the silicon gloves used in the kitchen? unfortunately it wasn’t the case, one one broke down and didn’t carry the spark.

13 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

Nice looking car!

what brand are those minilite style wheels?

Thanks, Syd.

The wheels have "Superlite" center caps, but the rim says they were made by Two Gates in the UK. 

• Thanks 1

MattL

1976 BMW 2002 Pastellblau

Philadelphia 'Burbs