• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Well I’m jumping the gun a little but I scored today a 3.91 LSD reworked to 40% lockup.  Diff was originally bought as a spare part so it has never been installed in a car as yet.  Still got the S painted on the housing.  

Going to pick it up tomorrow and install it ASAP 

• Like 1

1974 2002 2.2stroker, DCOE45's, 300deg cam, 5 spd, 3.91 LSD // 1984 E24 M635csi, dogleg 5spd 3.23 LSD. // 1994 E34 540i, supercharged 16psi, 6spd E85 only, 3.15 LSD // 1997 E36 M3 Evo, low comp supercharged 18psi 6spd (under construction)

Jams and engine compartment done!! This used to be anthracite gray. Moving ahead! And...I have replacement rubber and fixtures for the whole engine compartment so not worried about the fact that he literally painted everything silver! ? Wth!!

7F3D6E98-BE76-45B6-B355-AC28CB5EDAE3.jpeg

Edited by Highnote1
  • Like 3

Haven't installed it yet, but thanks to another faq member I now have a getrag 245 waiting to go into my 2002

For now its going to sit in my closet until I gather the rest of the parts to make the swap. Unfortunately, I was told that there aren't really any machine shops local that can or will shorten the driveshaft, so Ill have to see when I get to that point.

trans.jpg

Edited by SoKvlt
  • Like 7

72' 2002 Granada (Painted Malaga??) 3rd owner 

Last year when I put together my 68, Replaced every seal, rubber, poly part except rear seal on tranny output shaft, Of course it was the only leak I have LOL, Replaced it with new seal and Guibo, Polished wheels which I was going to switch to steel but there kinda growing on me so for now I'll leave them on.

1968 2002 z.jpg

• Like 6

On 10/16/2020 at 12:07 PM, Highnote1 said:

I have replacement rubber and fixtures for the whole engine compartment so not worried about the fact that he literally painted everything silver! ? Wth!!

You got me.  Glad you clarified that.  I would have had bad dreams.:)

Edited by PaulTWinterton
  • Like 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958

The rebuilt engine stronger than starter on 72 fjord Tii project, first starter no good waiting on replacement...I have a friend’s son helping three days a week for the next month so we started The next project...72 Ceylon Tii...

35FF5A2E-1BDC-47F5-846E-6C65C2CDFFD0.jpeg

2AF1CED1-A037-44EB-BC64-0EFF070B3AFA.jpeg

6FAE0A0C-3B50-419F-BE56-97CE62A03CA6.jpeg

• Like 11

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

On 10/21/2020 at 10:29 PM, mccusername said:

@uai Uli, it seems the Martini tach will only let you go 200 kph! I'll take it off your hands...

On 10/21/2020 at 10:22 PM, uai said:

Ordered a set of snow tires.

Nothing to worry about; everything's under control. The snow tires are only good for 190 kph... ?

Registered for Schauinsland Klassik Winterrallye in February - let's hope covid will allow this to happen

Edited by uai
  • Haha 1