• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Installed some adjustable semi trailing arm bushes and clearanced my camber plates a few other things to the old girl.  

alignment and handling is significantly improved.  
front camber -2.25deg, toe in 1mm per side, castor 3.75deg per side. 
rear camber -1.5deg, toe in 1.5mm per side.  

In addition rejetted the dcoe45 Weber carbs.  Engine now pulls hard   

Edited by GazM3
  • Like 4

1974 2002 2.2stroker, DCOE45's, 300deg cam, 5 spd, 3.91 LSD // 1984 E24 M635csi, dogleg 5spd 3.23 LSD. // 1994 E34 540i, supercharged 16psi, 6spd E85 only, 3.15 LSD // 1997 E36 M3 Evo, low comp supercharged 18psi 6spd (under construction)

Yesterday I finished my brake refresh!
Over this past summer I redid both Front and Rear brakes, and posted to this thread as I finished each project.

All I had left was to install the new master cylinder, fill and bleed the system which I completed yesterday.  

I bought the brake master cylinder and plastic angled connections from FCP Euro, and the braided brake hose from Blunt.

C2A8FAAC-843F-47C7-B2CB-F3DCF6AE09C8.jpeg
I purchased a pneumatic bleeder from Harbor Freight, which made quick work of bleeding the brakes.

6681578F-BD3D-4BC2-A13B-3DB093F88CDD.jpeg
8D6DF652-760D-4177-B14B-19E6AFE05B05.jpeg
Doing this brake job gives me a huge sense of accomplishment, as this is the first time I’ve done any real automotive work 35 years!  
Thanks to everyone on this site for all your posts and for sharing your knowledge!

Next up is the first test drive.  The car isn’t registered or insured yet, so it’ll be a short one, but will definitely be a milestone! 
Thanks

Frank

• Like 4

1975 BMW 2002 - Sahara

So cutting some wood siding with my table saw to fix a bad piece on my house, one of the pulleys on the motor go flying across 

the garage and smacks the passenger side door on the 2002. Left a nice quarter size dent, didn't break the paint so will see if they can PDR it.

WTF f*%k 2020,,   I can't even drink cause I have blood work in the morning and it can screw up my white count.  Need to keep my Oncologist happy.  

crappy pic of crappy dent.

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3616.jpg

Edited by jp5Touring
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 10

2 hours ago, fljjmarz said:

I bought the brake master cylinder and plastic angled connections from FCP Euro, and the braided brake hose from Blunt.

C2A8FAAC-843F-47C7-B2CB-F3DCF6AE09C8.jpeg

Is the blue fabric hose no longer available?

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

20 hours ago, man_mark_7 said:

How are you tuning your carbs? Do you have AFR or just using a butt-dyno approach?

Yes a wideband with A/F gauge.  
specs are

38 Venturi 

5.0 Aux Venturi 

140/f2/170

55f8 idle 

45 pump jet

thought of going to 40mm Venturi but I’ll probably lose some drivability.  I can now pull 5th at 1500rpm even accelerate away up slight hills.  

• Like 1

1974 2002 2.2stroker, DCOE45's, 300deg cam, 5 spd, 3.91 LSD // 1984 E24 M635csi, dogleg 5spd 3.23 LSD. // 1994 E34 540i, supercharged 16psi, 6spd E85 only, 3.15 LSD // 1997 E36 M3 Evo, low comp supercharged 18psi 6spd (under construction)

10 hours ago, John_in_VA said:

Is the blue fabric hose no longer available?

Hi John, I looked all over and couldn’t find the blue braided hose.  I even called the parts department at my local BMW dealership and they didn’t have it. Finally I called Blunt and they supplied me with the gray braided hose.

Frank

• Thanks 1

1975 BMW 2002 - Sahara

Sparing no expense I fabricated a very ornate and custom AFR gauge mount. As an added bonus it is easily reversible so I can watch the ratio while doing fine idle tuning ?

I'll set up a production line if I get enough requests for mounts like this....

PXL_20201014_203249341.jpg

PXL_20201014_203326508.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

JP5, you'll definitely be able to get a good PDR guy to fix that!  Good luck at the docs!

I polished the tail light lenses and repacked the rear marker lenses, along with a little cleanup. Still a lot to go (and she's going in for a manual swap in about a month) but I love this car! 

02 and 320 copy.jpg

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, MYBMWHabit said:

JP5, you'll definitely be able to get a good PDR guy to fix that!  Good luck at the docs!

I polished the tail light lenses and repacked the rear marker lenses, along with a little cleanup. Still a lot to go (and she's going in for a manual swap in about a month) but I love this car! 

02 and 320 copy.jpg

Thursday 11:00 with PDR guy,cautiously optimistic.  Thank You doc says numbers r textbook.  ?

Love the color of your 02 

PDR guy did a great job. I would say 98% gone it was a deep sharp dent and he was worried about cracking the paint.

Repaired two other very small dings.  Since it was Thursday I got a free lunch on the grill and was invited back any Thursday.?

I took the interior door panel off just incase but really wanted to look inside door to see the condition of door.

Door is in great shape, PO had used house wrap and tape to waterproof the door. Will redo and adjust the door a smidge.

Oh that rabbit hole.. 

• Like 3

When you stop to think about it house wrap maybe a good product to use here as it will not pass water drops but will allow water vapor through could help dry the insides of the door. Haven't tried it but it's worth a thought IMHO.

• Like 2

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

On 10/13/2020 at 5:01 PM, jp5Touring said:

WTF f*%k 2020

Me and billions of others would agree.  I've had my share of 2020 misfortunes and not one of them is Covid.

On topic:  2 issues with the tii.

It will be nice when 2020 is in hindsight. 

Edited by PaulTWinterton
  • Like 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Yesterday at work, a berry-eating bird landed a dump on my car. Since there's been no real rain for a couple days I decided to clean it up after work today. I wonder if it was aiming at my door handle?

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

Edited by 7502
space
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 7502 said:

Yesterday at work, a berry-eating bird landed a dump on my car.

That happened to me last summer but I was less fortunate.   Poop burned through the clear coat on my VW.

I called my insurance but it turns out that I didn't purchase "damage by toxic bird poo" coverage.   Stinkin'  seagulls!

• Haha 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958