• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

7 hours ago, LindrelT said:

Doing my fronts to match my Frankenhaar rear seat project….  Fronts are new gummihaar from WN made by ‘Johnson Controls’.  Nice to have new padding and get rid of the crunch!

38FEB725-50E7-4183-A857-4186A7BD27BD.jpeg

C9CD605B-74C3-4BCC-B96A-82E2C8A9A83D.jpeg

Beautiful seats, love this cloth!

im surprised that someone hasn’t produced these pads in a foam or other material that could reproduce fit, feel and performance of the old type of pad. The W&N prices for the pads ain’t cheap! The pads alone would cover the cost of reupholstering my Recaros!

• Like 1

Look what FedEx just dropped off ...

QuikJak.jpg

It's 94 today and just about got a heat stroke bringing it into the garage.

I'll wait till the sun goes down to unpack and assemble.

• Like 7

I don't give a fird gen, carbretted, alyoominiuhm, tickity boo!... wiff an ole in the boot!

wow, seeing everybodys' amazing work on their cars has really motivated me to get my '75 02 back on the road.

soon as I can get that transmissions replaced.

but today, as lame as it is, I changed out a burnt light bulb on the right rear taillight.  #89 (Sylvania 5008)  10W

• Like 2

When you want to fix that hole under the windshield without taking it out or cracking it getting the metal too hot.  

1. Shape a piece of steel to match the curve

2. fit it. 
3. drill holes

4. spot weld one

5. let the steel cool

6. Slowly repeat 4 & 5 until complete 

7. prep for fill.  

fugly but functional 

#ratrod

F9E975A7-49AD-45BD-A164-DDFA15DC6A23.jpeg

6DFDC420-0AC0-4F83-B987-84CAFC02F0AB.jpeg

7C1FD552-6C36-40F7-9192-9B39A3E784F3.jpeg

48841864-FD8E-4083-A406-7731F226B6B1.jpeg

Nothing with a 48 year old car is a clear-cut as planned.  Local body shop had a Glasurit sample made of 041 Atlantik and he sprayed a scrap fender.  This should match, right?  It is too dark compared with the original paint.  My  thought on this is whatever tints BASF uses today are different from those in 1973.  The second picture shows a bit of that fender sample, the rusting fender pulled from my car with a bit too light a shade of blue and the can used to paint the engine bay in 2019.  That paint was nearly spot on to a 1970 color chip I had from Glasurit.  So, I will get another pint of this paint, paint a metal panel and let the body shop owner use his spectrometer.  We will be using a BASF R-M paint on the car.Blue Test 2.jpg

Blue Test 1.jpg

Edited by David Layton

Took Fritz for a drive to celebrate his 49th birthday ?

49th Bday 4.jpg

49th Bday 2.jpg

Edited by NYTransplant
  • Like 5

Tim Dennison

'72 BMW 2002 tii - Malaga,  '02 BMW Z3 Coupe Sterling Gray,  '09 BMW 650i - Carbon Black,  '15 BMW 228i Estoril Blue,  '19 BMW Z4 30 - San Francisco Red