Which parts would you like to see BMW reproduce ?

Hi folks,

I am the owner of Maximillian Importing Co. and we have been in the BMW parts biz since (I don't want to date myself). Anyway, I had a conversation recently with the gentleman in charge of reproducing parts at BMW Classic. They would like to know which NLA or hard to find parts that you folks in the BMW community would like to see reproduced. It would be great if you could provide exact BMW part numbers (just head over to RealOEM.com and you can find them). Please note that this has to be an economically viable value proposition in order to be a win-win. They can not only make 100 pcs of a part for which tooling costs are too expensive to cover the end price. So here is your chance to be heard !! Please let us know what you think.

All the best,
Max
Maximillian Importing Company

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mass produce s14 engines to kill the e30 m3 insanity and allow all 2002's to have one!

I thought we provided suggestions several years ago?

Thank you, Kit, for injecting some reason into a list that keeps leaning towards some true niche items! Quick-ratio steering boxes? Seriously? Maybe great on the track, but you don't want one for t

Posted Images

This is great to hear.  I can think of a few off the top of my head but wonder what their plan is once they get a list of parts?  Having parts available is one thing but available at a reasonable price is another.  Will they try to forecast sales and tooling costs to come up with a retail price prior to doing anything, then try to get feedback on whether the parts would sell?  I'd like them to reproduce dashboards, but I won't be buying one it they're $2000.

This is great to hear.  I can think of a few off the top of my head but wonder what their plan is once they get a list of parts?  Having parts available is one thing but available at a reasonable price is another.  Will they try to forecast sales and tooling costs to come up with a retail price prior to doing anything, then try to get feedback on whether the parts would sell?  I'd like them to reproduce dashboards, but I won't be buying one it they're $2000.

great point......my thoughts as well.

Sport seats

Petri steering wheels

Dashboards

these are my first fantasies...lol.......Ill put some p/n's together.

Edited by jrkoupe

for dashboards...especially 3 piece ones. As the Dang said, if they are going to be like $2k, not gonna happen...

Yes, but...the last dashboards available were 1-piece, and their final price, I believe, was $1,300-$1,400. It's hard to believe BMW can today produce, say, a $1,000 3-piece dashboard. Moreover, demand for 3-piece dashboards has actually been relatively small in the U.S., because owners have not been putting big dollars into the early cars, absent a handful of very early examples. In Europe, things might be different, with high-dollar ti's. And even the U.S. outlook may change with time, when those early models finally gain value. The big U.S. spenders nowadays -- and that is one factor BMW must consider -- are the round taillight tii's, and maybe that merits consideration of the 2-piece dashboards. All I'm really saying is, it's complicated: (1.) it's unlikely BMW would produce 1-piece, 2-piece, and 3-piece dashboards simultaneously -- they'll look at the target markets; and (2.) such items are going to be expensive -- hard to believe they'll be less than the prior pricing.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

Ignition and door lock assemblies

Door latch assemblies, L&R.

Steering boxes, or at least rebuild parts including worm and rollers

40% limited slip parts, clutches, shims etc.

Get a little more REALISTIC about the near BAN on Euro/Grey Market parts entering the US.

Ignition and door lock assemblies

Door latch assemblies, L&R.

Steering boxes, or at least rebuild parts including worm and rollers

40% limited slip parts, clutches, shims etc.

Get a little more REALISTIC about the near BAN on Euro/Grey Market parts entering the US.