• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Favorite Color '02?

mikebontoft

post-9295-0-38648600-1379702790_thumb.jp

i like colorado.  it's there, somewhere.

malaga has really grown on me over the years.  i used to consider it so common on 02's.

fjord is nice, too, but better, i feel on squaretails

malaga is best on roundies

turf is a nice early version of agave

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Polaris with shiny chrome, in my opinion, looks like something that James Bond would drive. It has that European elegance to it. 

I also really like atlantikblau; something about the contrast between the dark blue and the chrome bumpers and wheels really pops for me. But the inka, colorado, agave 70s colors sure look nice on an 02!

You gotta live this to understand it, my first two 02s were red and yellow, lived down south in the city, the gas station conversations were about the car, the uncle who had one or the guy who sold one and wished he hadnt. Here in far Northern California we were 300 miles away from the closest BMW dealer in the 70s, they just never made it up here, over 4 years I scoured Cragslist and the streets, 3 were all i found, 2 02s, one of which I bought and one NK, a totally unknown commodity.  So when I pull up in my Golf Yellow 02 the comments are about the color, been very entertaining to say the least, the cowboy who said you gotta have big balls to drive a car that color, the coffee shop lady who had to get her sunglasses just to face the reflection, the hippy girl date who immediatly named the car Sreamin Yellow Zonker. Not my choice of favorite color but couldnt dream of changing the cars paint, 90 % factory original Golf paint that has held up well over 37 years. Mike was mentioning a light green, believe he means Mintgrun? Might have to find a roundie and go with that, it would grow on you, just like golf. Hard to beat Inka, pound for pound it packs a wallop.

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

While my cars are Sahara & Nevada (stealthy, don't show dirt, easy to match) I have to vote for either Malaga or Agave as my favorite colors, although there's a soft green (whose name escapes me at the moment) that was used only on eary 1600s and a very few 2002s--similar to Z3 "Evergreen" that is also very nice on '02s.

cheers

mike

Are you thinking of Florida?

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Mike's thinking of "Florida" no doubt!....right? (Oops!..didn't see the post above mine...like minds!)

Edited by 02fanatic

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Where's the "dislike" button? :D

Tell me this doesn't look good in black.

I feel slammed!  lol

My car is Polaris which would be the metallic silver.

obviously i just like to stir up trouble!  :)

if we all didn't have our own color likes and dislikes...cars would all be the same color!

2xM3

I really like my semi-Malaga color.  It is brighter than the true color it should be.Did some research last weekend looking thru the old paperwork passed on by the 3rd (I think) owner.

My car was painted 1994 Ford Truck Dark Ruby. Ford Paint code E7 M-6549A, Color code 46991.

Along with F-series trucks, it was commonly applied to the Aerostar minivan in 93 and 94. Geez.

[Another choice was going to be 2000 GM Medium Garnet Red  35566, WA8852]

Oh well - I love the color and it is staying that way, warts, chips and all.

DSC_1339.jpg

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"