• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

talk me on or off the ledge

conkitchen

2 minutes ago, airborne85 said:

Beautiful..cool unique seats.......340......Nothing to loose

Would you loan me 340 please?

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

8 minutes ago, gary32 said:

reclining seats are important in an 02

I think more importantly, the ability to tilt the seat forward since the back is integrated in the seat.

so, the seat brackets will need to have that at additional expense, but they are out there.

BTW they are reminiscent of the optional seats buried in the parts books.......

1 hour ago, Einspritz said:

I think more importantly, the ability to tilt the seat forward since the back is integrated in the seat.

so, the seat brackets will need to have that at additional expense, but they are out there.

That was my first thought also...

In addition, they do look kinda like the factory seats used in the 1800TISA, but of course tht was a 4 door, so rear seat access wasn't a problem.  With a 2 door, definitely!  Purist that I am, I'd re-do the Recaros to look like Turbo/Sports seats.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

6 hours ago, Einspritz said:

... BTW they are reminiscent of the optional seats buried in the parts books.......

I think, Ted, that the Recaro and Scheel factory options (first photo) are a bit more flexible, e.g., fully reclining. But these seats do remind me of the Recaro Rallye’s (second photo).

Best regards,

Steve

DD8E45D9-D04B-49BB-9637-AADBACAD7EC2.jpeg

20F69D49-3D79-45A5-BB1F-C693D0AA2679.jpeg

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I bought a single similar cheapo retro style bucket seat from ebay a couple years ago because I was curious. If it's similar, which it looks very much so, it looks the same except a different material and pattern on the centers, I wouldn't recommend it. Quite small, not comfortable. As minimal as possible of a tube frame with really just the butt cushion, but the cushion is a little too big, the rest is just the cover stretched over the tube. When I (6 feet tall 180 pounds) sit on it, the headrest is at my shoulder height. Doesn't seem satisfactory in terms of safety either, I use it in the house as a chair, not in any car.

4 hours ago, Mike A said:

these are seats for the poseurs...but without the openings for the lap belt....

I mean, WHY would you put something Japanese Domestic Market (Hello, Kitty!) into a BMW?

And if it REALLY was Japanese, wouldn't it be NDM, anyway?

Don't you want DDM?  Deutche Domestik Market?

I say skip the Chinese seats, unless you just want to play with them, for fun and all.

And then will build a go- kart with them when they get annoying.

t

made a go- kart out of a Subaru, once.

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL