• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$40K driver 2002 at RM Amelia

dbower

Picking a few nits...allowed on a $30k car...

• wrong front bumper guards (they're for a '73)
  • apparently red-center tail lights (68-69 only)
  • flag mirrors (should be trapezoid)
  • non standard choke knob
  • deteriorated outside door handle gaskets
  • crosshair speedometer (used on squarelights)
  • no names for knobs on dash binnacle 
  • where's the fuse box?
  • no warning light setup for brake fluid reservoir
  • hood support brackets are body color (should be black)
  • left tail light lens appears to have a melted diffuser

It is a pretty car, but for the price, you'd think that at least some of these items would have been corrected...

mike

• Thanks 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Driver's seatback bent.

Radiator cap loose.

I'd say the repaint is partial.

Strong price.

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Good news for '02 owners!  Bad news for '02 wanna-be-owners!

Rear seat is upholstered in an e21, not an '02, pattern.  Which would be fine if it at least matched the front seats... :P

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Sidedrafts with filters smashed up against the standard brake booster... I hate that; especially when there are solutions.

Lots of money for a mildly modded car, but is Amelia :rolleyes:

Ed

• Like 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

1 hour ago, mike said:

Picking a few nits...allowed on a $30k car...

• no names for knobs on dash binnacle 
  • hood support brackets are body color (should be black)
  •  

Hmmm...I have a 72 upper dash in storage and it has no names for the knobs.  I was under the impression that there were no names in 72, and there were names in 73.   Or was that a Euro thing?

Also...hood support brackets, black?  Really?

73 Inka Tii #2762958

3 hours ago, PaulTWinterton said:

Hmmm...I have a 72 upper dash in storage and it has no names for the knobs.  I was under the impression that there were no names in 72, and there were names in 73.   Or was that a Euro thing?

Also...hood support brackets, black?  Really?

He doesn’t mean the the flexible prop that holds the hood up when it’s open.  He means the big uprights that you can see when you look thru the grills on the front of the car.  Those are sloppily hand painted flat back from the factory, or else they stand out too bright if they were body color.

Edited by KFunk

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

6 minutes ago, KFunk said:

He means the big uprights that you can see when you look thru the grills on the front of the car

Right.  Now I understand.  Funny, I like the look of the body color through the grills.  But that's just me.

Thanks for that.

• Like 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958

4 minutes ago, PaulTWinterton said:

Right.  Now I understand.  Funny, I like the look of the body color through the grills.  But that's just me.

Thanks for that.

I had mine body color for a few days after the repaint.  It just drew your eyes toward ugly structural stuff.  I got the old rustoleum out and slopped some paint on, and away it went.

• Like 2

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

4 hours ago, PaulTWinterton said:

I was under the impression that there were no names in 72, and there were names in 73.   Or was that a Euro thing?

When the factory changed from the small diameter pictograph knobs to the large plain ones, at least for US cars they silk-screened names on the instrument binnacle for each of the four knobs.  My '72 US sales literature shows those silk-screened names, and my '73 car has 'em.  I suspect that Euro cars have plain dashes, as there were be too many language variants.  And the dash on the Amelia Island car doesn't have the "fasten seat belts" sign atop the dash, so it may be a replacement Euro dash.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite