• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

16 hours ago, Pablo M said:

Interspersed between the brake and suspension work I have going on at the moment I also took a moment to wrap the heater controls with brown carbon vinyl. This coordinates with the same I added to the door panel trim and will add it to the instrument cluster (where newer cars have wood). Corners aren’t perfect but will look acceptable once in. 

also added @mo02 decals, a Christmas gift. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d07270436b329eeb970dde35a45e0254.jpeg

If you want them to look like wood, why not go with a wood veneer?

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

1 hour ago, ray_ said:

If you want them to look like wood, why not go with a wood veneer?

Cheers,

I don’t want it to look like wood. I just mentioned I was also placing some of this carbon vinyl on my car where the later cars have wood around the instrument dials. 
I originally selected the brown as it was very close to the original marlite on the door panels, which I covered. After doing so it seemed odd to have that be the only place where it occurred. image.thumb.jpeg.3e8a3290740b6f0042465b28cb035905.jpeg

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

Today I finished the rear corner of the outer wheel well panel
Turned out pretty well if I say so myself, when I compare it to some picture of the sedan panels you can still get new

spacer.png

Some DA cleanup on the arch

spacer.png

spacer.png

Inside of the panel also mostly cleaned up

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next up is trimming/repairing the front most section of the panel. I started with replacing a small section in the middle at the lower edge of the panel where it meets the outer sill. but still need to finish it some more..

spacer.png

I also finished welding in the small section of floor we previously repaired.

spacer.png

And added spotwelds to keep both panels together, still need to trim the top panel a little

spacer.png

Quick go over with the pneumatic grinder and some paint!

spacer.png

While I was busy with repairing the rear corner of the wheel well panel, my brother made a piece for the section of flange that was rotten. Turned out great

spacer.png

• Like 10

Installed a spring in the sunroof handle,  first time since I've owned the car that it tucks itself up properly.

While trying to force it into position it snapped out and was was nearly lost but I eventually found it hanging in a spider web. 

Eric

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bumper works continues...Test fit the rear only to find that my exhaust sits too high and contacts the underside of the bumper, also causing the bumper to sit too high.

image.thumb.png.f7ad5102bda62f035aec7be00171f7f4.png

Quick trip to my local muffler shop made for an easy fix.  Also, served as a reminder that I need to learn how to weld!

image.thumb.png.2460713103afab0dac23316bf8095d50.png

• Like 1

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs