• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Resurrection continues! I am a hs band director so my summer pretty much ends next week. Shout out to Steve at blunt tech for getting me parts quick once I unearthed some more needs. I am putting in about 8 hour days out there trying to get the front end done! Rear took me only about 2 hours. Bushings, HDs, springs,return to Tii struts, brakes,bearings,tie rods….a lot!

74tii had original ball joints riveted in still. That took a while!

10F076CC-B3F2-4C15-83EE-355301B81C5B.jpeg

5F94BA29-5B89-47C9-89CC-BC0907B724AF.jpeg

7A137651-8AA6-417D-95AF-5386DF35B529.jpeg

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, Highnote1 said:

Shout out to Steve at blunt tech 

Shout out to band directors!  Band was the glue that held my daughter together during high school.  Have a great upcoming season!

Edited by Dave919
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rebuilt another tii Cold Start Relay using the updated internals from Jason P.  and the decals from Mo Faraz.  Polished the case using rubbing compound and a lot of elbow grease.  Then wiped it down with Clean Solve.  Applied the decals, then hit it with a little clear coat.  Turned out looking pretty good considering how corroded the outside of the box was before I started.  More importantly, it works great!  Thanks Jason and Mo,

John

RebuiltColdStartRelay.jpg

ToolsUsed.jpg

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 10

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

49 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Rebuilt another tii Cold Start Relay using the updated internals from Jason P.  and the decals from Mo Faraz.  Polished the case using rubbing compound and a lot of elbow grease.  Then wiped it down with Clean Solve.  Applied the decals, then hit it with a little clear coat.  Turned out looking pretty good considering how corroded the outside of the box was before I started.  More importantly, it works great!  Thanks Jason and Mo,

John

RebuiltColdStartRelay.jpg

ToolsUsed.jpg

@catlindo this 

Edited by danco_

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Pulled the original never refurbed heater box from Carolina the 73 today. Last time I did this job was… 21 years ago!

Came out fine. Got the motor working again. Had to do some soldering to rebuild the terminal connection inside the box, but that should be good to go.

Amazingly the lower vent flaps still work great. Uppers and the heater valve need a redo. Here we go!

B6A94876-2D2C-4853-972E-E9ADE36B8BF6.jpeg

• Like 5

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002

Finally finished assembling the project engine for Survivor (76 storage rescue)

Nothing too fancy, just a comprehensive overhaul with 9.3:1 pistons and 284 camshaft.

Wish I could say I was putting this engine into the car straight away but alas, I'm sticking it in the corner for now. Survivors original engine is a bit tired and makes some  noise but runs pretty strong still. I drive it a few times a week.

Going to switch my attention to Franzi (71 chamonix with sunroof recovered from ex wife after sitting for too many years)

It has not run in 20 years and from what I was told and the info I'm getting from my senses (sight, smell) there's  no point in messing with the original engine, at least while its still in the car.

It got hot, really hot, as in boiled dry and seized ?

So after getting survivors completed engine stowed, I put a prospective replacement for Franzi on the stand and will evaluate. Its a 2 liter from a 79 E21.?

IMG_2668.JPG

IMG_2669.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

Edited by tech71
  • Like 3

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

My dizzy rotor disintegrated, again.  2nd time in about 2 years.

What's odd is that the first time it happened, the cap flew off and took the rotor with it.  This time, the cap was still secure, and the rotor had exploded inside of the cap.  

image.thumb.png.bc102d7d49e4eaaa3aa9cb19c69174de.png

image.thumb.png.575a00995d13e494e5033a313e2293d3.png

Loctite for the next rotor?  I'm going to keep a spare in the car regardless.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs