• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

On 10/6/2017 at 12:35 AM, '76mintgrun'02 said:

Aw, don't give up on the original!

You can fix it.  They do get deformed, but just need a little coaxing back into shape.

Are the splines on the shaft still in good shape?

On 10/6/2017 at 12:38 AM, LimeySteve said:

Cheers Simeon, Hi Stig I do have an upgraded throttle arm that will not slip , it's on here .

Hey Gents,

Mintgrun you're spot on with the splines, I'm guessing when I cleaned up the pedal box (2 years ago now) I was a little too aggressive removing corrosion from the spline area. I used two high tensile bolts to clamp the piece and torqued them to no avail. The lever is too far gone after that.

LimeySteve those levers are NLA so you are the only shop in town! I brought the car to an exhaust shop to weld in the 02 Sensor and had them put a tack weld on the joint while they were under there. Whenever I get around to fine-tuning my throttle cable setup I'll be sending you a message for one of those pieces. They look nice! Don't have patience for USPS these days :P.

Car runs awesome with the 02 Sensor and EGO Adjustment on! Still more tuning to go and I need to give the TPS Sensor another go, currently just using MAP for acceleration enrichment. I tried two different TPS sensors (all for a Nissan 300zx like 02again advises) with different results and none perfect. At the stage of the build it will be a Winter project for 2018. Really fun to drive! Taking it on the first 100 mile trip tomorrow (with lots of tools and fluids of course :ph34r:)

IMG_3741.JPG

IMG_3739.JPG

IMG_3733.JPG

• Like 4

We went on the annual Turkey Run to Squamish,BC. Our Canadian Thanksgiving Day. 150+ old cars of all makes, the green '53 Ford was a show stopper, complete with turkey mascot, Took the Gondola up top for coffee and a walk. Great day. Longest run in years for the Agave '02. Five speed conversion makes it a different car to old 4 sp. version.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 3.44.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 3.44.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 3.46.15 PM.png

Edited by EuroOhTwo
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, EuroOhTwo said:

We went on the annual Turkey Run to Squamish,BC. Our Canadian Thanksgiving Day. 150+ old cars of all makes.......

A great day to take the Sea to Sky Hwy......should have mine ready for the next one

Edited 6 minutes ago by EuroOhTwo

Edited by joysterm

1 hour ago, EuroOhTwo said:

We went on the annual Turkey Run to Squamish,BC. Our Canadian Thanksgiving Day. 150+ old cars of all makes, the green '53 Ford was a show stopper, complete with turkey mascot, Took the Gondola up top for coffee and a walk. Great day. Longest run in years for the Agave '02. Five speed conversion makes it a different car to old 4 sp. version.

Nice turnout. Looks like a fun event and not too far north. Might have to remember this next year and burn a vacation day.

• Like 1

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

20 hours ago, EuroOhTwo said:

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 3.44.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 3.44.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 3.46.15 PM.png

Lol I thought the ford was a volvo amazone hehe :P

Edited by dhr.vdw

Took Brunhilde out for a cool evening rip in the hills, probably the hardest I've pushed it since the rebuild and she performed excellent.

Still rich down low and up high (mid 12's) but in the midrange it's edging up on 13.8-14.2 before it gets rich on the air correctors at WOT.

Can't tell ya how anxiety inducing it is to drive a motor you built from scratch hard... terrifying. But she's holding together well so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk