• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mr. AlpinA is coming home (I mean it this time)

markmac

Last year I dropped the car off for body and paint and had the naive thought it would be done in a couple of months, I could get things re-assembled and to Monterey to be at least shown.....over a year later - its done.  Or at least this phase.  I am so freaking happy. A huge - huge milestone.  I am heading up to Sacramento tomorrow to square up the finances and then in the next week or two it will be home.....and then the fun - re-assembling the whole schabang.  (rear wheel looks funky with all sorts of what appears to be positive camber?...will check it out tomorrow).

Genveva Motor Show (1974) to March 2017

Alpina 02 Geneva 1974.jpg

AlpinA 1.0.jpg

AlpinA 4.0.jpg

Thanks!  I don't know about this year.  2018 is more likely.  Eventhough I have most everything ready to back in, there are a few bits I do not - and those are high dollar items (header) and fuel tank/cell.  Some of the front suspension fabricated pieces need some work so later on this summer (maybe) it will go up to Roger Hamlin's to get that work done.  In the mean time I have lots to do.

AlpinA 3.0.jpg

We expect to see you drive it to Mid America next year.  That's where the real hard-core 02ers hang out ;-)

And we'd all love to see that motor!  Most of us have never seen an M12 except in pictures...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Roger Hamlin is the MAN! He built my roll cage years ago and it turned out amazingly. What a genius and a great guy to boot.  Would love to see your car in his shop some day. Congrats on an absolute piece of art, can't wait for its final unveiling.

COOP

6 hours ago, NickVyse said:

good luck with the bank job!

HAHAHAHAHA!  :ph34r: "Hands in the air! This is a holdup!"

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool