• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most "period correct" 15" wheels for my 75

jim57759

Period correct...

I've been looking for a set of slot mags in 4x100 for 10 years now...

I've only seen a few pics of these on an 02 and fell in love.

these are littered all over Australia, not hard to find in Isuzu (Holden) Gemini sizing, 4x100 15x6.5/7 etc.

Period correct...

I've been looking for a set of slot mags in 4x100 for 10 years now...

I've only seen a few pics of these on an 02 and fell in love.

I got a set of these (genuine Ansen slots) from an Opel GT owner.  I ended up selling them to another Opel GT owner after I found out they has zero offset.  You will eventually be able to find some 4x100 slots, but finding a suitable offset will be very difficult.  

"Period Correct 15" Wheels".......???????????

They're not "Period Correct" even on a 320i

Alpina made a staggered 15" wheel for e21's back when e21's were new.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Alpina made a staggered 15" wheel for e21's back when e21's were new.

My 15" Alpina wheels are stamped 79, so pretty close to being period correct, especially on a 76. 

The real question is, do you want them to actually be period correct, or just look the part? 

As others have said, there are plenty of affordable steel wheel options in 15". How much are you looking to spend?

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

I really appreciate all the responses on this.  I am leaning towards the Enkei 92's which look a lot like the BBS basket weaves and are available at Tire Rack so I could get them with any of a large variety of tires mounted and balanced in $1000/4 range.  These are 15x8 with a 25 offset and Tire Rack says they will fit an '02 with rolled fenders.  I was hoping for 15x6or7.  Any comments on whether these will work?

I really appreciate all the responses on this.  I am leaning towards the Enkei 92's which look a lot like the BBS basket weaves and are available at Tire Rack so I could get them with any of a large variety of tires mounted and balanced in $1000/4 range.  These are 15x8 with a 25 offset and Tire Rack says they will fit an '02 with rolled fenders.  I was hoping for 15x6or7.  Any comments on whether these will work?

Even with rolled fender lips -- sometimes required with 15x7 rims depending on offset, tire size, and tire shape -- 15x8 is really pushing the envelope. When you say, "Tire Rack says they will fit an '02 with rolled fenders", does that mean they'll give you a 100% refund when they don't fit? And is that (a.) "corporate" Tire Rack speaking, or (b.) someone who works at Tire Rack that has actually pulled this off?

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

When you say, "Tire Rack says they will fit an '02 with rolled fenders", does that mean they'll give you a 100% refund when they don't fit? And is that (a.) "corporate" Tire Rack speaking, or (b.) someone who works at Tire Rack that has actually pulled this off?

X∞.  I'd believe the brain trust and experience here before a, granted, knowledgeable tire/wheel purveyor.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Even with rolled fender lips -- sometimes required with 15x7 rims depending on offset, tire size, and tire shape -- 15x8 is really pushing the envelope. When you say, "Tire Rack says they will fit an '02 with rolled fenders", does that mean they'll give you a 100% refund when they don't fit? And is that (a.) "corporate" Tire Rack speaking, or (b.) someone who works at Tire Rack that has actually pulled this off?

Regards,

Steve

This.

I wouldn't trust what Tire Rack says will fit. If they tell you that 15X8s will fit, you had better get that fitment warranty in writing. 

Anyway, 15X7 is about as big as you can go on an un-flared car without interference issues. There is a lot of information on fitment on this site for 15X7s. I suggest you source a set in that size.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

15x8 et 25 will fit with rolled fenders on a STOCK height car….MAYBE.   If its at all lowered…NOPE.  They will stick out beyond the fender.  If thats the look you want, then go for it, I prefer my tires to be inside the fender.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

For that price, I would go with the E30 15x7 ET24 style 5 "Euroweaves."   They are the perfect size and offset for your 02. As others have said and +1 on their comments regarding 15X8 rims on your 02 without flared fenders. Look in the classified section of R3Vlimited.com   You frequently see some used Euroweaves FS there by the E30 crowd.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner