• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I would like a carpet kit that fits my budget range ($20 or a 12-pack), that's my only dissatisfaction with her offerings.   I guess I'll have to live with my shitty carpet in the meantime...

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I'd be excited to call Esty my mother. This way I can get free carpet sets instead of paying for them.

That said, I'm not sick of her. 

Wow, this is a really rough week for the FAQ. Too much Estrogen in our chicken eggs. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Note for those FAQers who don't go back to the board's beginnings in that great year 2002...Ray's post above refers to the message board that launched the FAQ, due to some, uh, dissatisfaction with Roadfly...But decide for yourselves...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Esty doesn't do Recaro seat cover sets.  

That's just not right.  Brings out the grouch in me, it does...

5 posts.  We have more in the back yard....

heh

I LOVE troll week!

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Who is Sick of Esty?

Okay, I have been a 2002 enthusiast all my life and a Tii owner for 34 years, well before the Internet when parts were plentiful.  Even then the Dealer did not want to bother with these little cars and these days parts are simply getting much harder to find.

Now along comes a valuable resource like DenverTii and you are tearing him down?

Bryce has helped so many including me where he has also gone way, way beyond the typical customer service. I mean he's been incredibly helpful and given me lots of extra time which he did not even need to do.

Then on the other hand, there is Esty, and I mean what a piece of work! Ever notice that she is at the very center of every tumult where she outright slanders people. Then quoting other outlandish statements as if they were facts to actually create as much controversy as possible?

It is so malicious that people seem to be afraid of her or immediately take her side without ever listening to facts.

Here's what I know, if you have a problem with Bryce, give him a call.

Interestingly if you want to talk to Esty there is no number on her website? Curious to know too if there is any last name that anyone has.

It's really amazing to me that people even listen to this woman.

The most important question here is who coronated Esty as Queen of the FAQ? Oh, excuse me, it was Esty herself.

Forgive me if I don't bow.

Paul Ruiz

Seriously dude?!?

75 2002 (atlantik) 1990 - 1993

73 2002 tii (malaga) 1994 - 2017

74 2002 tii (verona) 2023 - present

OK, I'll admit I do have one little problem with Etsy. She doesn't make a one-piece carpet kit, so those of us square taillight big bumper guys are left out in the cold.

But it's ok, I can forgive her for that.

True, BUT, the multi-piece one I got from her fits just perfect in my 76. So there. No more problem. One more saved. :)

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit

06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd - garage queen *  73 Mustang Convertible 351C 

15 VW Touareg V6 Executive - daily driver * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

Your choices:

A ) Occasionally get ripped off for hundreds or thousands of dollars, and have months or years of hassle trying to sort it out

B ) Be forced to scroll past a couple of these 'annoying' threads once in a while.  Oh, the pain!

Edited by KFunk

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I won an Esty carpet set at MidAmerica '02Fest a few years ago.  My carpet was still OK, so I asked her if she could make me a custom trunk mat instead.  Esty made exactly what I wanted and shipped it to me pronto.  FREE.  She had donated the prize.  My encounter with her could not have been much nicer.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Your choices:

A ) Occasionally get ripped off for hundreds or thousands of dollars, and have months or years of hassle trying to sort it out

B ) Be forced to scroll past a couple of these 'annoying' threads once in a while.  Oh, the pain!

What? What's that? The Voice of Reason? Rational thought?? What are you doing here?? :D

Or option C: Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.