• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

200hp tii

gwb72tii

I read that too. Was very interested in how they got to 200hp so I searched for more info. I feel they're not being honest. They say they went from 130 to 200. The tii is 130 but this started as an Alpina tii, so what HP does that start at? They make it sound like they just added a filter, Alpina intake and a few "smaller mods" to get from 130 to 200 lol. I'm very curious.

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

For $160k, I can sure buy a lot of 4 pot mill beast classic gains oomph wrapped in complimentary exploited

newfound stiffness, finished with polished custom 25mm spacers...  and some rusty E21 parts, too.

Da Fuq?  Are my jeans too loose and my goatty too short?  Not have a bushy bushy enough beard?

Now, if they'd give me a peek at their cone and injectors, well, maybe we could work out a deal...

t

• Haha 3

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I believe everything I read..... 😏

So they managed to achieve A4S power (160-170 hp?) + 40-30 hp, recognizing that those Alpina A4S numbers also relied on a 300-degree cam (easy) and a Kugelfischer tuned by the gods, just for the A4S system (much less easy)? Or maybe they just rounded to the nearest 100 -- you can do that, too (very easy)!

Regards.

Steve

• Like 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

4 minutes ago, Conserv said:

I believe everything I read.....

So they got A4S power (160-170 hp?) + 40-30 hp, the Alpina shop numbers also relying on a 300-degree cam (easy) and a Kugelfischer tuned by the gods, just for the A4S system (less easy)? Or maybe they just rounded to the nearest 100 -- you can do that, too (very easy)!

Regards.

Steve

Exactly, the PR makes it sound like they started with a regular tii at 130hp. Like they made 70hp by bolting on an air cleaner and a few smaller add ons lol.

• Like 1

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

Must be achieving much higher rpm and a lot more air to get 50+ % more power.

Stroker maybe?

Edited by jimk

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Hahahaha, I needed a good laugh this morning.  

I sure don’t see any Kuglefischer on there.  It’s an ITB kit coincidentally mounted onto an Alpina intake manifold.

If this come stateside to a reputable shop, I’ll give the owner $200 if it manages to reach 200 flywheel hp, let alone 200whp.

Some poor guy is going to have a pouty face.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AceAndrew said:

Hahahaha, I needed a good laugh this morning.  

I sure don’t see any Kuglefischer on there.  It’s an ITB kit coincidentally mounted onto an Alpina intake manifold.

If this come stateside to a reputable shop, I’ll give the owner $200 if it manages to reach 200 flywheel hp, let alone 200whp.

Some poor guy is going to have a pouty face.

Ace, zoom the engine compr pic taken from the passenger's side.  Is that a turbo compressor volute below the washer bottle?

Nope, it looked like it at first glance but it has an open to air filter on the air box.

Edited by jimk
  • Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

225/40 tires on 6" rims? Look at the passenger side head rest against the roll bar making that seat unsittable. Well at least the shift nob looks like real Alpina stuff. Are we to believe that when Alpina picked a cylinder head to modify they decided that one drilled for a mechanical fuel pump was the way to go.

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

I am not sure how you get a 2 valve head to flow like a 4 valve.  200hp is S14 territory. I can't see a trigger wheel which would be kind of essential for the rev's you would have to pull. 

Let's not lose the big picture.  It is a stunning car, of this there can be little doubt.  It may not be your "cup o tea", but it would be fun to drive, and guaranteed to get attention anywhere you go (if that is your thing).  This is regardless of the stated HP

Unfortunately, these days to have to overstate your HP, to get noticed.  This is especially true when we are neck-deep in easy-to-build 1000 hp LS's and 2JZ's.  MGM put a turbo on a Camary and made 300+ hp last week just to get some views. 

I can imagine that with the $$ put into this thing, the person who owns it is looking to get the attention so that when it comes time to sell it, they can maybe get $0.75 on every dollar spent.  If I had that much tied up in it, I would likely be doing the same thing and many of us here would. 

Regards

• Like 1

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002