• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

in Kali ...... Hwy 1 south of Big Sur washes out

OriginalOwner

The PCH is a bucket list drove for everyone on this forum, and having a section closed is no joy. The last slide at Mud Creek took over a year to fix, and it was no small task.

https://www.usgs.gov/center-news/time-lapse-view-california-highway-1-reconstruction-after-2017-landslide?qt-news_science_products=1#qt-news_science_products

Here’s to the folks that will get the Rat Creek slide fixed so we can enjoy, what is one of the best drives anywhere. 

That area burned in the Dolan fire this past year causing the mudflows and drainage issues, highway was closed as a precaution.

Edited by HBChris

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

And I was actually planning on doing a Highway 1 road trip soon...Living in SoCal, whenever I go up north I contemplate Highway 1 because its an amazing drive.  I drove up north last week, but took 5 instead of the 1.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

For all of you contemplating that drive, do it. Growing up near Santa Cruz and having gone to college in San Luis Obispo, I probably made that run, sometimes just day trips partway up, 50 times or more. I never got tired of it. That was before my '02s, but my Yamaha 500 made it really fun.

Do some research before you go. Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and Pfeiffer Beach are a couple of my favorite stops. The gray whales pass within a couple hundred yards of the rocky point at that beach, I've seen them broaching right there.

Jerry

• Like 1

Jerry

no bimmer, for now