• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BavAuto has Closed!

Spykesta

Very sad. Their catalogs were great.  I had some of their center folds cut out and put on my walls growing up too.  ECS and FCP Euro pushed them into the ground, but adapt or be driven out.  Unfortunately it was the later.  That cover with the tiag E46 blasting through the puddle is etched in my memory forever. 

1972 2002tii // 2008 M3

Dang!  I still have a gift certificate I won at Ofest a couple of years ago...guess it's a bookmark now...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

17 hours ago, Chris_B said:

This is not good. The independent, general, BMW centric parts suppliers are becoming really rare:

Bimmerworld

Turner (aren't they owned by ECS now...)

Yikes

At least we still have Bluntech for our cars.  And for humor.

Ian
'76 M2

'02 325iT

A comment in the e-mail they sent to me last week:

We are working on options to ensure that the Bavarian Autosport name will live on. Until then, thank you for your dedication and commitment to us over all these years.

Steve Vonk

'74 BMW 2002 Atlantik

10 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

Welp….. so much for "rumors".  Sorry, but this was planned.  Name rights, parts transfer coordination, these things do not happen in this sort of time frame unless it was already in process.

Bummer deal.

53747473_10218369700658185_6918380921519341568_n.jpg

WOW. 

Thanks for the insight , Andrew. 

Sad news. Had quite a few race weekends at Loudon where we needed parts and they would stash them in a bush near Bavauto hq so we could pick up after hours. 

I would have appreciated it if they would have finished fulfilling my order before turning off all communication with the outside world. I received a partial shipment of an order right befor they went out of business and have yet to hear about the remainder or a refund. It’s only 75$ but come on. If you’re going to close shop don’t F your employees and customers on the way out.  

Last time i ordered from them last summer I got bamboozled during the checkout procedure into some discount thing where it ended up that i was supposed to get 4 magazine subscriptions...it was a scam. I thought what the heck I'll just put 'em in the break room at work...haven't received a single issue yet. What a dumbass i was.

Edited by golf73