• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where does the market take this BaT offering?

joysterm

@kiva667, I’ve seen several Granda 2002ti from Montreal. One was a cleaned shell, originally Granada, not sure where it went. One is still owned by Pierre L as far as I know, which is Granada, and this one, which is Granada.
There’s Peter’s, which is Granada, and my own, which is, naturally, Granada.
Of all the 2002ti delivered to Canada, most of them were Granada. I know of 1 that was Chanonix which my dad bought new in 1970 and was totalled in 1974. The black on that Greg in NoVA owns was a Canadian car, but I don’t recall the original colour, but it wasn’t Schwartz or Granada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jp02ti said:

@kiva667, I’ve seen several Granda 2002ti from Montreal. One was a cleaned shell, originally Granada, not sure where it went. One is still owned by Pierre L as far as I know, which is Granada, and this one, which is Granada.
Of all the 2002ti delivered to Canada, most of them were Granada. I know of 1 that was Chanonix which my dad bought new in 1970 and was totalled in 1974. The black on that Greg in NoVA owns was a Canadian car, but I don’t recall the original colour, but it wasn’t Schwartz or Granada.

I was wondering when you would chime in on this topic.  I don't recall a black ti in NoVA.  

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

On 2/23/2019 at 5:19 PM, Oldtimerfahrer said:

much, much, much too much money invested for a good driver...started from a poor basis, dumped cash in and it's neither a driver nor a AAA investment grade restoration. Rare kinda, if you think a Canadian ti is worth more than a Euro-spec model.... ti's are not that high on the rarity scale (in absolute terms), this is far from unmolested and appears also not to be a top restoration. It's good, but not top in my view. So great, nice color, good job, but not something to put in the BMW Museum in Munich.

Andrew

?.....Maybe...just maybe....some people are not in it for the money

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

@Mike!

If one were NOT in it for the money, would one be selling one's prized possession on BAT? I would not and I pretty much know what is not quite right with mine so I don't need to hear a chorus of various voices commenting it. Here at FAQ I can take it, there are more than enough people that know a lot more than me and I value their opinion. If its pressing and you have to sell fast, that's the only reason for a car-lover to sell on BAT if you are not in it for the money. I would prefer to pick the next owner myself.

If I would want to sell my ti, I would be out looking for a like-minded individual who would neither flip it nor mount it on a living room wall. Its difficult to find such people though, because one car may be a stepping stone to another. I am perhaps an idealist so not in it for the money, I'll let my kids decide what happens with mine...and I can keep optimizing it nearly without limit.

• Like 1

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight 

10 hours ago, jp02ti said:

Thanks! Didn’t know there were so many in Montreal... and several Granada ones to further confuse the issue. Me, I actually lived in the Eastern Townships though I hung out plenty in Montreal. So that’s why I must have missed seeing some of the other examples. I used to spend a lot of time and H&H Auto, the best place in town to get your BMW of whatever model taken care of, and the only ti I ever saw there was my friend’s. But that doesn’t really mean anything now that I think of it.

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

I was wondering when you would chime in on this topic.  I don't recall a black ti in NoVA.  

My mistake Jim, it is in VA, not NoVA. Owners name is Greg, I believe he has 2. I’ve never met him, Vince has been in contact with him I believe. He has a black one and an agave, I think.

Lots of “I think” and “I believe” here.

2 hours ago, jp02ti said:

My mistake Jim, it is in VA, not NoVA. Owners name is Greg, I believe he has 2. I’ve never met him, Vince has been in contact with him I believe. He has a black one and an agave, I think.

Lots of “I think” and “I believe” here.

LOL.  "NoVA" is short for Northern Virginia.   So whoever Greg is they are close to me..

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

LOL.  "NoVA" is short for Northern Virginia.   So whoever Greg is they are close to me..

Yeah, I knew it was one or the other, but couldn’t remember which. Regardless, close enough that these cars should be showing up at the Vintage, or perhaps O’fest 2019.

So, bid to $41,500 and seller indicates reserve was $50K.  With better pictures and better weather to do a driving video, I think it would have reached that.  I think a $50K reserve was a really fair one for this--I expected reserve well above that.  Someone who took the time to see this in person could have scored a really good buy here in my opinion.

I probably would not have let that go for under $50k either.  All of the un-restored Ti's I have seen have been total rust buckets. The cost to make any of them into decent drivers (not show quality) would have easily exceeded $50k WITHOUT factoring in the cost of the car to begin with.  If the reserve was around $50k that was more than fair.   

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

Agreed @Preyupy.  If the top bidder is really that intent on a ti, this seems like a great opportunity for him to find that final $8500, make the deal, and be in a great market position given how infrequently these opportunities come about.  Early in this thread I suspected the final bid would be $50K and the reserve was $75K knowing how BaT sellers can be.  I was quite a ways off on the reserve and pretty close with my final bid guess so a good buy to me as well.

• Like 1